Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: San Diego Zoo or Sea World

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Legoland or Disney, which really isn't too far.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah yes Disneyland, right in the heart of San Diego.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 100 mile drive is nothing in SoCal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, well then maybe he should drive to Vegas and have the kid ride the Stratosphere roller coaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] that. Donkey show in TJ.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:10 PM

I went to SD and went to both about 6 weeks ago.

I was a little disappointed with the shows at Sea World. They had a lot of junk to play with for a 5 year old though. Kinda lame to pay that money and have the kids spend at least 1/2 the time climbing on the rope thing and digging in the sand.

I liked the zoo more. I just asked my 5 year old and she says she liked Sea World more. The kids did like the zoo too. They have a sky tram thing and a double decker bus tour that they liked a lot.

The Wild Animal Park is really good too. If you can only do one thing, I might go for this as it's probably the least like whatever you have in whatever city you are coming from. edit: strike that, sea world probably is unless you come from Cali or Florida. Maybe Sea World would be a good pick for you if you don't get the chance to see this where you live.

Legoland is good for 5 year olds too. I asked her if she liked Legoland better than Sea World and she said "Legoland and Sea World."

[ QUOTE ]
Neither. I hear that the SD Wild Animal Park blows both of those away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lived in SD for a while now and the Wild Animal Park blows them away by a mile. It is very, very cool. The zoo is nice and Sea world is a distant 3rd.

I'd be surprised if Sea World didn't win this. They have a lot of cool shows compared to the Zoo (at least, from what I can remember). Also Legoland is lame and Disneyland is too crowded.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be surprised if Sea World didn't win this. They have a lot of cool shows compared to the Zoo (at least, from what I can remember). Also Legoland is lame and Disneyland is too crowded.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did you go to Legoland and with what age kids? It's definitely geared towards little ones.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lived in SD for a while now and the Wild Animal Park blows them away by a mile. It is very, very cool. The zoo is nice and Sea world is a distant 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

the zoo has the best soft serve ice cream in SD. if you end up going it may be cheaper to buy a 2-person 1 year pass than single day passes for everyone because there is always 2 free tickets included. *EDIT only good deal for 4 or more people, sorry thought 2 kids* also, balboa park is right next to the zoo and there are a lot of nice things to see there too.

the wild animal park is also very good and different than most zoo-type places in the US. plus she works there...

i still haven't been to sea world in the 7 years that i've lived here, but some friends (tourists) just went and loved it.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:11 PM

If you've never seen whales/dolphins, Sea World is pretty cool. Otherwise do the Wild Animal Park. It's close to an hour from downtown though. The zoo is nice, but it's a zoo. The WAP is something unique.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the zoo has the best soft serve ice cream in SD. if you end up going it may be cheaper to buy a 2-person 1 year pass than single day passes for everyone because there is always 2 free tickets included. *EDIT only good deal for 4 or more people, sorry thought 2 kids* also, balboa park is right next to the zoo and there are a lot of nice things to see there too.

the wild animal park is also very good and different than most zoo-type places in the US. plus she works there...

i still haven't been to sea world in the 7 years that i've lived here, but some friends (tourists) just went and loved it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably just some optical illusion, but I see a faint face behind that grey square.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably just some optical illusion, but I see a faint face behind that grey square.

[/ QUOTE ]

not an illusion. you can see the face behind the square even if you cover up the rest of the face
Old 05-10-2007, 11:40 PM

Wild Animal Park.