Absolutely 42 29.79%
Yes 40 28.37%
No 35 24.82%
Whatever 24 17.02%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: My week with my ex-wife

[ QUOTE ]

She told me that she wishes the new baby was mine. Is there ever an appropriate time to spring this tidbit on the new guy?

[/ QUOTE ]
Day the baby is born LDO
Old 05-10-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

E) Her boyfriend's name is 'Gordo' and I suggested that they name the baby 'Gordita' after the tasty Taco Bell entree. She did not like my suggestion. Pyscho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

Also, the tale about the guy showing up with an orphaned bird is [censored] hilarious.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent Blog!

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am so hijacking this mofo.

Dids and I disagree. Look, I think this is a good read, but its basically a blog post, and to me, far more fitting for BBV4L than OOT. It lacks any real discussion value that I would like for OOT posts to have, regardless of the fact that it was entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

The poster is over the age of 20; I think OOT is probably a better fit.

EDIT: We can make generalizations that blog-like posts are bad, but that doesn't mean all blog-like posts are bad, just the majority that aren't amusing at all. This one is good.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

She told me that she wishes the new baby was mine. Is there ever an appropriate time to spring this tidbit on the new guy?

[/ QUOTE ]
Day the baby is born LDO

[/ QUOTE ]

The day he wants his homeless wife, daughter and the new bastard child to move back in with him is a much better day.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: We can make generalizations that blog-like posts are bad, but that doesn't mean all blog-like posts are bad, just the majority that aren't amusing at all. This one is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is zero argument that the post is good. I'm not saying "shuffle it off to BBV4L because that's where the crap goes," I'm saying "shuffle it off to BBV4L because I think OOT is made for topics that promote discussion, and while good, this topic does not promote discussion."

I don't think BBV4L is all crap either, but I do think that one of it's purposes is that of a sort of catch all place for posts that may not go anywhere else, and that gives it a much higher crap to good posts ratio.

Ray
Old 05-10-2007, 06:05 PM

Default The Story of My Divorce

This maybe deserves its own thread, but I'm in a writing mood today. It goes like this . . .

In August of 2003 I have sex with my wife for the last time.

In August of 2005, the lease was up on our apartment. I don't remember discussing it, but it was obvious we were both going to find our own places. I was 99% sure that she had a boyfriend, but took comfort in that 1% and the chance to see my daughter every day and stuck it out.

As we were getting the last things out of the apartment, she was bawling, I wasn't. She called me the next morning and said that she wanted to work it out, and would I please make an appointment with a marriage counselor. The next day I was served with divorce papers.

In November, on our 5th Wedding Anniversary we had court-mandated marriage counselling. She agreed that the marriage was fixable and agreed to show up for two more appointments. She never did.

In February, she called me told me that she asked her lawyer to stop the divorce.

In March she told me that it was back on.

In July we agreed that there was nothing left to fight over and we didn't want to go to court. I fired my attorney and signed the divorce papers. I took my girlfriend, her daughter, and my daughter out for dinner that night to celebrate. After dinner, the girls were throwing pennies in the fountain. I tossed in my wedding ring.

In early September I went camping with my brother. He told me an interesting story that came up at work. A woman he was working with had just got divorced and wanted to know what to do with her ring. My brother said, "You could throw it into a fountain like my brother did." A co-worker asked him what restaurant, my brother told him. My brother handed me back my ring that his co-worker's son had found in the fountain the night before.

I get back from the camping trip to a phone message from my wife. The judge wouldn't approve divorce papers. We are still married.

In October we finally go court to get divorced. She asks me for a ride home afterwards.

The End
Old 05-10-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is zero argument that the post is good. I'm not saying "shuffle it off to BBV4L because that's where the crap goes," I'm saying "shuffle it off to BBV4L because I think OOT is made for topics that promote discussion, and while good, this topic does not promote discussion."

I don't think BBV4L is all crap either, but I do think that one of it's purposes is that of a sort of catch all place for posts that may not go anywhere else, and that gives it a much higher crap to good posts ratio.

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray, Dids, et. al

I seldom post in BBV4Life, I consider OOT my off-topic home, hence the decision to post here.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: The Story of My Divorce

Suited Sixes, I just realized what is missing from your story:

Angry Make Up Sex.

What happened, man?!?

Ray
Old 05-10-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: The Story of My Divorce

[ QUOTE ]
Suited Sixes, I just realized what is missing from your story:

Angry Make Up Sex.

What happened, man?!?

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

I am saying this at the risk of seeming bitter (I am actually very amused by the whole story), but she was honestly the worst sex of my life and gave horrible noggin. I didn't think it was possible either.