Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: $16 AQo, UTG

[ QUOTE ]
i hate cbetting flops like this into unknowns also villain has perfect stack for crai on flop so i like flop check even more

[/ QUOTE ]

crai bluff is a very poor play here vs. an UTG raiser who bets the flop. I wouldn't expect it all that often. Checking isn't wrong necessarily, but there is a lot of risk associated with raising PF UTG. You've taken that risk and survived without a raise or call from LP. Now reap the rewards and take down the pot. BB probably knows you are on a very tight range that includes mostly overpairs to this flop. He will let you have it most of the time.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:03 PM

Now i may be way off base here, but i notice a couple of people are suggesting simply folding this hand UTG.

now the best situation to raising here is that you pick up the blinds, 2nd best is what happened you only get called from one of the blinds, which is what happened here.

Any reraise is a simple fold i would think most of the time as all that would be in a reraisers range is ahead of you.

If you get a call and flop the A/Q you more than likely have the best hand as i would think AK would have reraised you.

laslty the blinds are 50/100 and at this blind level there is such a strong chance you just pick up the blinds then say when the blinds are 15/30

While there is a chance you may get moved in on by one of the shorter stacks i think the rewards of raising and liklihood of stealing the blinds or winning on the flop with a c-bet outweigh the risks.

Just my 2 cents
Old 05-10-2007, 05:59 PM

I play exactly the same, value bet the river though.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now i may be way off base here, but i notice a couple of people are suggesting simply folding this hand UTG.

now the best situation to raising here is that you pick up the blinds, 2nd best is what happened you only get called from one of the blinds, which is what happened here.

Any reraise is a simple fold i would think most of the time as all that would be in a reraisers range is ahead of you.

If you get a call and flop the A/Q you more than likely have the best hand as i would think AK would have reraised you.

laslty the blinds are 50/100 and at this blind level there is such a strong chance you just pick up the blinds then say when the blinds are 15/30

While there is a chance you may get moved in on by one of the shorter stacks i think the rewards of raising and liklihood of stealing the blinds or winning on the flop with a c-bet outweigh the risks.

Just my 2 cents

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising pre is fine with 2k back b/c you actually have room to make a c-bet. I'd fold for sure if I had 1200-1600, shoving if I had less than that.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:18 PM

Why all the AQ hate [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]