Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Underrepped Overpair Facing Heat

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why dont u repop pf? 80% of the time hes just isolating the limper with a mediocre hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats the case then he will fold to the re-raise almost every time... we can make much more on the hand by playing it weak here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not suggesting that 3-betting or calling is a worse or better play here. I think they are both fine at the right time, but to say that we can't make money with this hand in a 3-bet pot at 5/10 just like we can in a normal raised pot is just dumb.

OPer, if we are going to slowplay QQ and just call here IMO we absolutely have to lead or c/r this flop and get more money in. You are out of position, there is absolutely no reason to continue to play this hand fancy on every street. I would lead out here 100% of the time if I cold called.

As played river has to be a fold.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why dont u repop pf? 80% of the time hes just isolating the limper with a mediocre hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats the case then he will fold to the re-raise almost every time... we can make much more on the hand by playing it weak here.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are 200bb's deep, he is getting his 3-bet called here a TON...
Old 05-10-2007, 05:43 AM

Reef you are not allowed to make your incessant bad beat / running bad posts if you are going to play this poorly. You seem to be pretty experienced so I'm not sure why you even made this post. You know what you SHOULD have done here. 3-bet PF, get more money in on flop or turn, etc etc etc.

I can't imagine why you want to play this pot OOP, with an OP, when both you and villian are 200bb's deep. Perhaps with shallower stacks just calling PF or maybe even flop, and then getting money in on turn is fine. This deep, its horrific IMO...

Easy fold on river as played...
Old 05-10-2007, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reef you are not allowed to make your incessant bad beat / running bad posts if you are going to play this poorly. You seem to be pretty experienced so I'm not sure why you even made this post. You know what you SHOULD have done here. 3-bet PF, get more money in on flop or turn, etc etc etc.

I can't imagine why you want to play this pot OOP, with an OP, when both you and villian are 200bb's deep. Perhaps with shallower stacks just calling PF or maybe even flop, and then getting money in on turn is fine. This deep, its horrific IMO...

[/ QUOTE ]

I went for a deception play and the board got ugly... ya its my fault but this is not standard. I think gut told me I was ahead turn and to get the most $ is to play it weakly .. but then that feeling changed on river..

Isn't the point of posting hands to see where one went wrong?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I went for a deception play and the board got ugly... ya its my fault but this is not standard. I think gut told me I was ahead turn and to get the most $ is to play it weakly .. but then that feeling changed on river..

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't mixing it up and can't be justified as such. This is just playing bad poker.

[ QUOTE ]

Isn't the point of posting hands to see where one went wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know where this comes from/what about his post made you want to say this. He was not out of line, maybe a little harsh because all you do is post bad beats and this hand was played terribly. But those are just the facts.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:31 AM

Ya, I folded river.

---

TheJared,
like I said this hand isn't standard for me and I play against villian a TON so I thought a deception/mix play was ok. I guess I was wrong.

---

and no one believes I run bad to the extent and/or length that I do [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and I've taken almost all the bbv posts to bbv
Old 05-10-2007, 07:37 AM

I'd raise the flop and if not the flop, deff. the turn.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play against villian a TON

[/ QUOTE ]

What range did you put him on after his turn-bet?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:07 AM

question:
What hands can he value bet the river with?
TT/66?
AJspades would probably get a free card on turn. what else?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play against villian a TON

[/ QUOTE ]

What range did you put him on after his turn-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

flush draw, str8 draw, A5/A6/45s/67s, 77-99 , 9T - AT, air ..
very small % of his range 66, TT, AA, KK