FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: The Shield Ep 6.6

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the final few episodes of one of my favorite shows,

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I miss the cancellation notice for The Shield?

[/ QUOTE ]

It will run one more season after this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats up with the whole "federal agent" angle that was alluded to between Dutch and the new guy on the strike force?

Seems interesting, but slightly weird that a hard core undercover guy can make a slip like that. Or maybe I'm reading too much into that comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you mean here... did you see last weeks episode?

Anyway... another great episode. The final confrontation seemed very juvenile with the finger-pointing and blame game. Shane always seems to turn into a scared little boy when he gets into it with Vic. How this is going to play out should be very entertaining.

As far as Vic trying to get his job back, don't forget that he really doesn't have an appeal coming up. Claudette lied to him to keep him on the straight and narrow while the new guy is in town. Maybe helping the city official will help him, but there is no appeal process as of right now.

The love triangle (or I guess it should be love square) should at least provide some entertaining scenes with Dutch. Some of my favorite scenes are when he is at his corniest.

With all these dramatics though, I'm really wondering how they are gonna carry this show on for the rest of the episodes this season plus one more season. But if anyone can pull it off it is Shawn Ryan and his crew.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:58 AM

I thought the final confrontation between vic and shane was a big letdown.

also, I'm not convinced that claudette lied to Vic, she might have been lying to the new guy. The new guy seems to really like Vic, and after this stunt he pulled with the suit's daughter I think that only helps his chances.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whats up with the whole "federal agent" angle that was alluded to between Dutch and the new guy on the strike force?

Seems interesting, but slightly weird that a hard core undercover guy can make a slip like that. Or maybe I'm reading too much into that comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering this myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought the new guy used to be a federal agent, and was still using his old connections? that's what i got out of it anyway, it certainly could be deeper than that.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wowowowoow. One of the best episodes yet imo. The scene where Vic's daughter meets his bastard daughter with Danny was so powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a good episode, but one of the things that has always bothered me about the show is Vic's daughter - it's actually M. Chiklis' daughter IRL, correct? Plain and simple - she can't act. She's horrible.

Aside from that - well played by Vic when confronted by Guardo's girl. He doesn't flinch - has an explanation for everything.

D
Old 05-09-2007, 06:51 PM

how many episodes this season? Everything up to 6x09 is out. It gets very interesting
Old 05-09-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many episodes this season? Everything up to 6x09 is out. It gets very interesting

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I want to discuss it soooo bad.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering this myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought the new guy used to be a federal agent, and was still using his old connections? that's what i got out of it anyway, it certainly could be deeper than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a weird tone/moment there between the new guy (I can't remember his damn name) and Dutch. I read more into then that he was just saying he use to be a federal agent. He said something about connections with federal agents, Dutch corrects him, and there was a weird pause. I kind of got the impression that we were being given a clue that he's still a Federal agent. Which implies he's investigating Vic and the guys.

Like I said, I could have been reading too much into it.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This was a good episode, but one of the things that has always bothered me about the show is Vic's daughter - it's actually M. Chiklis' daughter IRL, correct? Plain and simple - she can't act. She's horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna see something weird, watch tonight's American Idol. Michael and Autumn Chiklis were sitting front and center behind Simon Cowell. It was a very weird and disorienting moment to see Vic and Cassidy Mackey on a reality show when you have no other frame of reference for those faces.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:28 AM

Shield fast approached the best show on TV category last season and this season has only increased it.

I love shane's character when he is at his worst - when he's trying so hard to be Vic. Vic is a one-of-a-kind guy, the kind of risks and behaviors he does can only be done by a guy with exactly Vic's convinctions and demeanor. Shane sees Vic acting and says "I want to be like that too" and does a fantastically horrible job of it -- he showed it when he tried to be Vic with Antwan and he showed it when he tried to mimic Vic's Terry pattern with Lem. Vic survives because he knows exactly what he is doing and live by an internal code; Shane is just a weak imitation.

I loved the scene when Ronny, Vic, and Shane are driving to Shane's apartment after Shane is beaten up by Tilly's dad and Shane asks, "Do you ever regret the things you did and just wish things were different?" and Vic just looks at him and says flatly "No." And Shane looks resigned and says, "yeah, I know you don't" very jealously ... That scene is what this season is all about. When Shane defers, he's great - when he tries to lead, he's a big [censored] up. And he always wants to lead ...

Anyway, no one else I know watches the Shield, despite my recommendations, I'll post my thoughts here ... it's a powerful human drama. Nothing really like it.

By the way, David Simon, created/writer of The Wire had a quote about The Shield that went something like, "The Wire is the exact opposite of The Shield. The Wire is about how individuals deal with the institutions they are a part of and how the institutions influence their lives. The Shield is about how one man dominates and influences an institution." Always remembered that ...