Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Showboat $100 Opie & Anthony Tournament

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im sure the structure will be bad but its only $100 and id be surprised if it gets more than 300 people. $20k 1st place Guarantee sounds nice. + id bet maybe 1/2 the field will be playing in their first live MTT.

Should be fun.

[ QUOTE ]
Way to jock the junkies.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does this mean? just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Junkies is a radio show that broadcasts in the DC/ VA/MD area. They recently held their 2nd annual poker tourny at the Borgata. 260+40 with 400+ entrants. I'm just giving them [censored] but I wouldn't be surprised if they got the idea from them. Though I'm sure The Junkies aren't the first radio show to hold a tourny. I believe both the junkies and O&A work for cbs radio and are in the same market as each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh right i gotchya now. Yeah the junkies seem like a good show. I remember OnA and Ron and Fez have complemented them in the past. and yeah other shows have done poker tourneys in the past but theres plenty of dead money to go around [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 05-12-2007, 10:36 AM

i signed up wed, they were up to 109 people, i heard max was 450 or something
Old 05-12-2007, 11:06 AM

I'll find more specifics later (on the way out the door), but I've been lurking wackbag and they have more specifics. IIRC, it was ~350 paid entrants, another 110 in CBS radio giveaways, and ~5 for people from the show.

I also heard Anthony state that he was going all in on the first hand, regardless of his cards. He prefers blackjack to poker.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:42 AM

Above post is pretty accurate, per the O&A fanboy boards. ~340 paying $100, 100 giveaways, 5 from the show. New Orleans Ballroom holds 450 per their info.

No word on structure. One post says "same as our daily tourneys" (i.e. 10k chips and fast structure), another said "similar to WSOP Circuit events". I think the former is more likely (and would suck) if they plan on getting a 450 entrant tourney over in <10 hours, but I'm not sure if the standard daily structure is set up to handle 4.5M in chips in play. Either way, in true Showboat fashion, they have no effing clue.

Oh, and it was Opie who promised to shove blind on the first hand. Anthony apparently is the one who donks it up on FT.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:00 AM

Opie doesn't play poker and is the one who promised to go all in, just to confirm.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:04 PM

Sold out as of this morning. Only way in now is to win a seat from K-Rock or WYSP.

Also, good thing the CBS Radio stations are sponsors, as XM just suspended them for 30 days.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im sure the structure will be bad but its only $100 and id be surprised if it gets more than 300 people. $20k 1st place Guarantee sounds nice. + id bet maybe 1/2 the field will be playing in their first live MTT.

Should be fun.

[ QUOTE ]
Way to jock the junkies.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does this mean? just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Junkies is a radio show that broadcasts in the DC/ VA/MD area. They recently held their 2nd annual poker tourny at the Borgata. 260+40 with 400+ entrants. I'm just giving them [censored] but I wouldn't be surprised if they got the idea from them. Though I'm sure The Junkies aren't the first radio show to hold a tourny. I believe both the junkies and O&A work for cbs radio and are in the same market as each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh right i gotchya now. Yeah the junkies seem like a good show. I remember OnA and Ron and Fez have complemented them in the past. and yeah other shows have done poker tourneys in the past but theres plenty of dead money to go around [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

The Junkies are/were hella-lame. Don & Mike are the only thing worth listening to on WJFK now that Ron & Fez are gone.