Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: New Florida Law.... worth grinding?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your input guys. When July comes around i'll tell you how it goes down. I sure hope you're wrong Russ M about the whole waiting untill you bust to be able to add on/rebuy, that would be horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I thought I read it from someone in one of the Florida threads in the Legislature forum. It is very lame, yes. Hopefully it won't be true.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Miami Herald reporting...

Apparently this has already passed the Fla Legislature and must now get pass the Governor.
Miami Herald Article

The very subject of Florida gambling laws gets me very pissed off. People here are allowed to gamble in unregulated slots machines with no limit at all and yet they will not allow games where the house edge is reduced. My facts may not be 100% accurate but from what I understand the Hard Rock was not only paid off in the first year but all the other profits were used for the Seminole Tribe to purchase the entire Hard Rock franchise. All from slots and poker.

If they are allowed to have cash games, no matter what the limit is it's a big leap from what we currently have and hopefully a big step towards higher limits in the future.

This could be one of the greatest places to play poker as there is a ton of fish money in this town and the Hard Rock is the only place the tourist can really go to gamble.