Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: What are the odds there was no cheating going on here?

There was no rake, he accepted tips. He made it seem more like it was just a fun game of friends getting together, not a moneymaking thing. It was byob. I didn't notice signalling, but wasn't looking either. I don't know what the poster meant with the WP. I am that new.

When I asked if he was going to play, he said he would switch with someone to deal for a while later on (if someone would volunteer) so he could sit in a while.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:09 PM

The first hand doesn't seem abnormal to me. She was probably trying to intimidate you preflop, then loosely (although reasonably) played with top pair on the board with a good kicker.

The second hand seemed like a semi-bluff to me. She did have a pair, and a gutshot straight draw, and if her opponent had only a pair, he would've been hard pressed to call. She may have also been trying to give him incorrect odds to chase a flush. Once again, just seems like loose play to me. And when you consider most hands miss most flops, she could've thought the board didn't hit her opponent's hand in any way, saw that he was short-stacked, and decided to pressure him.

The third hand - well, welcome to pocket aces. Loose call on her part, and she got lucky. Keep in mind that the winning poker hand is a tad better than two pair on average.

I don't think there's any thing to suspect here - but I will add that if you are as new to no limit hold em as you seem to be, perhaps the stakes were a little too high.
But keep an eye on the shuffler/dealer if you play there again... Cheating does happen!!
Old 05-06-2007, 07:25 PM

Sounds like a bad run + you and friend buying so short shes basically looking to bust you with almost anything. If you had $455 behind on the first hand, she might not have made the all in comment pre-flop. Same with 2nd hand. 3rd hand you may get away from with more money or she may not want to risk $500 with K-2 vs your PF raise.

Playing 2/5 with only $100 - 20bb - you're going to get called a lot and either bust or double up. Same as playing 1/2 with $40.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:12 PM

third hand is your fault, try making a real raise.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF advice is this? You want to raise K2 out on the off-chance loose player catches two pair?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker, poker, it's all skill. Start with the best hand then go down hill."

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 05-07-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My next hand was my last against the same woman. I had rebought for another $100 and again she raised my BB to $20. I looked down at pocket aces, and thought (naively maybe) it was my chance to get even. I min raise to $40, she calls. The flop, k 8 2, rainbow. I check, hoping she has ak, and she moves all in. I call, she turns over k 2 to win the pot. I leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you seriously think this LAG-tard was going to fold anything to your min raise preflop? You played your AA right into the ground.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF advice is this? You want to raise K2 out on the off-chance loose player catches two pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can raise it anything you want (with only $80 left behind you), just don't cry about it when your min raise against a LAG is called with anything either. The implied odds he gave her fit her range exactly - even if she had no clue about implied odds. All she saw was a juicy stack that wasn't too big for him to bust her out.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:48 AM

I am female. I wanted a call. It was a question regarding cheating, not strategy. I admit I have a lot to learn because, as stated I am a new player.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:56 AM

Thanks to those who offered constructive feedback. I guess my mistake was to buy in for too little. I will give this game another chance when I have more experience and buy in for more $ when I am better at this game. I feel better about it too, because I would rather think I just made a bad newcomer mistake than think I was cheated.