Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Found BlackBerry

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather keep it as my own than waste my time returning it. I have lost my fair share of phones so it all works out in the grand scheme of things. I am sure that whoever has a phone this nice has insurance on it anyways. Regardless if the ethical issue, how do I go about activating this phone as my own?

[/ QUOTE ]

you [censored] buy one, you jerkoff.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:23 PM

it's simple really.. just think about how bad it feels to lose your phone? then imagine someone called and said they had your phone. you'd feel great. why not just follow the golden rule on this one? sure you'd rather keep the phone as your own. but it's not your phone. just do the right thing. or don't.. your choice.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:23 PM

you people are all nits. Someone was dumb enough to leave an expensive phone laying around. This kind of thing happens all the time.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure that whoever has a phone this nice has insurance on it anyways. Regardless if the ethical issue, how do I go about activating this phone as my own?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's to say it's not a company phone given to a junior member of staff who's gonna be in deep [censored] come Monday morning for losing it? (Plausible, as I have a few low-paid friends with company Blackberries). And that "I've lost plenty of phones" load of [censored] really isn't an argument at all.

And it's not even a question of 'ethics'. Surely it's outright theft - or do you not have theft by finding laws in your country?

It's hardly much effort calling a random person in the address book and getting it back to the owner. Stop being such a douche and do something nice for a stranger, I swear the good karma will make it all worth your while.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you people are all nits.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't know not being a raging [censored] qualified me as a nit.

EDIT: We definitely have those theft laws here. If a reasonable person would understand that someone simply lost their property, not threw it away intentionally, then its illegal to keep it.

It's kinda sad that there are ppl like OP out there

[ QUOTE ]
He will report it to his service provider as lost. As soon as you bring it in, they will input the serial code and see that the phone is someone elses that they reported as lost. Just do the right thing and stop being a douche.

My boss left his Nextel in a public bathroom, called Nextel and reported it lost. The next day a Nextel store called and said someone had come in a tried to activate it and they refused saying it belonged to my boss. The guy apparently tried to lie and say he bought it on eBay. They told him no, the owner reported it lost, kept the phone, then called my boss to come get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the type of answer I was looking for, thank you
Old 05-06-2007, 01:29 PM

Just take it to the Cingular store. They will switch the number/phone for you, no questions asked. I have some friends that have done this very thing.

Reply back confirming that it worked for you as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cup
Old 05-06-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you people...

[/ QUOTE ]

racist
Old 05-06-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He will report it to his service provider as lost. As soon as you bring it in, they will input the serial code and see that the phone is someone elses that they reported as lost. Just do the right thing and stop being a douche.

My boss left his Nextel in a public bathroom, called Nextel and reported it lost. The next day a Nextel store called and said someone had come in a tried to activate it and they refused saying it belonged to my boss. The guy apparently tried to lie and say he bought it on eBay. They told him no, the owner reported it lost, kept the phone, then called my boss to come get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the type of answer I was looking for, thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Just do the right thing and stop being a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

That part?
Closed Thread