Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 05:12 AM

Default Re: too tight?

Yes, by raising the turn he let you off the hook. A smarter opponent might just have let you spend an extra BB on the river, in which case you would be one SB worse off than if you had just called down.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:56 AM

I think I bet the flop.

As played, I'd call the turn. I don't think villain thinks we have an ace and we might still have the best hand.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:49 AM

If you are vehement on seeing the showdown, just call the flop, turn and river if you are going to do anything at all. Raising is problematic for two reasons, he may fold a worse hand that he is betting into you with on each round or he could very well have you already beat and you're throwing more money away, especially if he reraises and you feel obligated to see the river now because of the investment.

I think your decision really has to be on the flop. Do you call all the way through or let it go early. I would probably let it go early and look for a better spot and opponent to piss around with. You are out of position and you've only invested one small bet (neglecting your blind post). I don't see anything wrong with letting a potential pot burner go by. Now getting me to follow my own advice is another story.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I bet the flop.

As played, I'd call the turn. I don't think villain thinks we have an ace and we might still have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't bad considering the opponent has capability of calling down weaker pairs. I still favor the check/call line against this guy if he's capable of betting a weak pair.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably let it go early and look for a better spot and opponent to piss around with.

[/ QUOTE ]

You fold TPmK HU? Wow...
Old 05-05-2007, 12:07 PM

*grunch*

I'm just leading the flop. I'll call down from there after getting raised on the turn.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Opponent calls with a a fair amount of hands bet rarely raises preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind this line. It's better than bet-calling the turn and check-calling the river given your read (and assuming your read is good).

A better line would be to check-call the flop and check the turn. If he bets call, if he checks, bet the river. You still get value out of your hands when he has KK-JJ, but you don't put a lot of money in when he has AK.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would probably let it go early and look for a better spot and opponent to piss around with.

[/ QUOTE ]

You fold TPmK HU? Wow...

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of this line:

Because of this I am putting him on AK, AA but possibly KK and QQ. AK and AA are much more likely to occur than KK and QQ. I think the flop is where you have to determine what you are up against before continuing. By the turn you'll have so much invested it will be difficult to lay down.

Now I am giving great credit to MP1 only because he rarely raises preflop and I have little to no opportunity to raise in this situation. This makes a fold not so bad. I would definitely be check/calling if I think he could come in for much worse than originally thought (JJ, TT, 99, KQs as examples).
Old 05-06-2007, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You fold TPmK HU? Wow...

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of this line:

Because of this I am putting him on AK, AA but possibly KK and QQ. AK and AA are much more likely to occur than KK and QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many AK/AA combos are still unaccounted for, how many KK/QQ combos?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:35 AM

in this spot I'm probably raising ATs pre flop ...

on your flop ... why are you going for a check raise?(generally you want to go for a check raise when you have a reason to believe that someone will bet ... and you've stated that one of these two guys doesn't bet)

also, your read doesn't seem very concrete - unless you've seen some specific hands where a raise from him generally means get the [censored] out I can't see folding TPGK against a retard

how many hands will this guy have that include a 4?
you are behind only a few aces and ahead of the rest