Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Live, Uberdeep, 1/2, Sneaky Trips

boon: I'm sorry you get saddened so easily.

1. I agree he could easily have an overpair and thinks its the nuts. My options are CALL or RERAISE and if so how much. LOL I'm never folding this action against this player.
2. No, if I suspect he's on a draw I might push though because he could call a big raise just to gamble though behind. High variance ftw? But yeah, it was a vague feeling.
3. It was about 1.5 hours and he bought in for 3 and won a bunch of pots vs a tilter with sets and stuff, so yeah, unclear about his tendencies.

This should be a poll:

Should I:

A. Raise all in.
B. Raise 200 more or so
C. Call and stack off on a non-club (non-boat) turn.

???
Old 05-07-2007, 02:13 PM

option C ftw.

make your hand look weak-ish and hope to get another bet out of him.

remember also that the difference between 67 and AA on this board is negligible except for the key difference that a 6 in your hand makes it less likely that he has one.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:26 PM

I would re-raise. Not sure if I'd push here or just the $200 or so. I don't like the call. Many turns can hurt you.

I think that he thinks you have an overpair/AK and he can scare you off the pot. If you call and a scare card comes, what's the plan?
Old 05-07-2007, 04:26 PM

I will take letter C, Pat!!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would re-raise. Not sure if I'd push here or just the $200 or so. I don't like the call. Many turns can hurt you.

I think that he thinks you have an overpair/AK and he can scare you off the pot. If you call and a scare card comes, what's the plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking, and that...is an 8 a scare card? Or a 4? I pushed, he tanked, claimed I had KK and he was ahead and called with 78cc. 9 on river owch in the pants.

I like Triumph's line, I think, though remember I can slowplay a little because I have outs even if he catches hidden on the turn. AA=much fewer outs.

But I should have repoped 200 rather than pushing I think. He may have to just call with his huge draw, and that way he makes the biggest mistake. Obv I call if he pushes.

OK move to BBV now because I suck at winning coinflips.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:08 PM

run it twice ldo - anyway shoving got a call, i don't think you get a flat call if you three-bet here, since the guy is OOP and there's a ton of money left, seeing one more card seems nutty - he'd probably push the rest in himself or fold.

also i was only referred to this forum 'cause someone was insulting nation
Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 PM

Yo GA,

Your play here depends entirely on him - you know you're stacking off on a brick turn either way.

He has you on a range that might include 56s, 67s, 55, 66, and A6, but it also includes 77+, AJ/AQ+, KQ(?) (broadway cards suited or otherwise). Plus you just made what looks like a c-bet at a paired board, which is inherently suspicious. He could be defining his hand, pushing you around with air, betting a draw to take it down now, or if you're really unfortunate he called with A6 or 55 and that's the breaks.

The point is lots of your range is weak, so the bet has as much to do with that as anything. He's going to have a hard time getting away from the push, which I think was the right play. I mean you have him on a draw probably, and after his raise he'll have a hard time getting away. You're not in a spot where only better hands call.

Nice hand, tough luck.