Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Hitting the Ball Far

[ QUOTE ]
Total derail, Butcho, but where do you play in Seattle? Things would be different if I lived there now, but when I lived there during college one of the reasons I never played is because there wasn't anything close and/or affordable for me to play at. Also, do you play cards there at all? When I first started playing cards I played at Goldie's almost every day. The manager (I think he might be the ex-manager now, but still working there) Andy and a couple other guys play a LOT of golf, probably with a lot of betting involved if you're looking for a game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually play at Willows Run because it's close to my house and it's a decent track. Problem with courses around here is that as soon as the frickin sun shows itself for even a moment, the first tee is backed up for hours. It's very frustrating. Prices are still a joke but what else is new, huh? lol.

I usually use (erase this if i'm not supposed to post it) Golf206.com

Courses will post their remaining opening slots and slash the price, sometimes up to %60. Only thing is you can't get a time that far in advance but I don't plan that far ahead anyway. In arizona it was Golf602.com, so I think it's nationwide..just type in your area code.

I haven't been playing much cards lately due to the amount of hours I'm putting in at the office, but i've been around Goldie's a few times. I'd love to find a good golf game with some friendly wagering for the upcoming season. Where do they play usually?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Butcho,

270??? Give me a little credit. The back of the fence at the range is approx 320 out ~40' high and I regularly fly the ball over it. And that shot was killed.

I live in San Diego. I'll take that wager any day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did give you credit by complementing your ball flight [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though...if you fly it 360+ with that driver, there is no....and i mean NO, reason you shouldn't be out on the remax tour. those guys fly it right around there with extra long shafts, so you should dominate.

Again, rough day at work...just trying to pick a fight for no reason, etc.

See you on ESPN2 soon it sounds like!

[/ QUOTE ]

The club doesn't look that big because I'm 6'4" 240.

I am using an extra-long shaft. 50" total club length (approx 48" shaft) is the max allowed in long drive events (most drivers in the store are 47" total length, or ~45" shaft). They got rid of the super long clubs a few years ago. Now they are 3" longer than an avg driver.

I passed the first stage of REMAX qualifying. Next stage is in September.

With some good luck I hope to make the TV final, but next year might be more realistic.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:11 PM

Yea, down here in Portland I use oregongolf.com, but it looks like they use the same system.

I'm not sure where they play, all over I think. Pretty much played every day, or close to it, from what I could tell.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:48 PM

dzh90,

That is pretty cool man, good luck in September.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:09 PM

Sounds like it was killed. Night driving ranges always make the ball look like it goes further though.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:42 AM

LOLOL @ 270... that thing was 100ft in the air at 270
Old 05-09-2007, 10:40 PM

I just ordered a sports sensors swing speed radar. I'll post a review/what it says about my clubhead speed when I get a chance.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once caught this HUGE fish that weighed like 94 pounds and took 1.5 days to pull in!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Santiago?
Old 05-13-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Butcho,

270??? Give me a little credit. The back of the fence at the range is approx 320 out ~40' high and I regularly fly the ball over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL. Let me guess you are like Happy Gilmore and you know it went 360 because the ball bounced off the 360 yard sign right? Driving ranges all over the world have 40 foot high fences 320 yards out. lolol.

Eyeballing your swing it looks like you swing at 115-120mph. In San Diego, with that trajectory, thats probably means 280-290 carry.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:10 AM

wrong.