Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 05:34 AM

Default Re: 5/2 Mavs @ Warriors

I think you make a very good point re: the MAVS not getting themselves into this situation. IMO they have been sluggish. It has not been the real MAVS for whatever reason, most likely because they came into the series thinking they had it wrapped up before the first tip. Against a team with nothing to lose this is a dangerous mindset to start out with and can carry over into the series.

My point is, we are now in the Championship games, games 6 & 7, and it is in these, the biggest games of all, tha they are very likely to turn it around. Being so close to the precipice for both teams will have a dramatic phsychological effect for Game 6 that is positive for the MAVS and negative for GS.

Re: the playoffs being different, the playoffs are seven games, and games are 48 minutes. When staring down the barrell, the Mavs produced. There is no reason they will not improve on that performance and win this match like the class team they are.

Finals experience is not something you can give a team. The MAVS have that experience as a unit, and it is an enormous advantage once you get deep in a series. The took the Spurs down in 7 last year with a very similar line up.

I wouldn't want to be on GS for quids. The market seems to be liking the -2.5 at the moment too...........I don't blame them, but wish you luck with your investment.

PTS
Old 05-03-2007, 12:20 PM

when staring down the barrell the Mavs produced? They were down 3-1 in a playoff series, they did not produce - they got lucky in those last 3 minutes as the Warriors handed them the game and Dirk finally sunk some fadeaways.

It's time to start looking at the matchups, After being pretty well dominated by the Warriors I feel as though it is a bailout to point to regular season records and win streaks. It's said too much, but the playoffs are different and the Mavs should not be favored in this game.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I mean, seriously, if you like GS you are pretty much saying they should be favourites??

[/ QUOTE ]

To win the series or the game? I think that everyone knows that Dallas is the overall better team. That doesn't mean that they should automatically be a favorite on the road.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:24 PM

Golden State wins in Dallas Game 7.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:40 PM

This looks like an interesting spot. I think it is fairly obvious that the fact that so many people "just can't see" the Mavs not going through is having an undue influence on the line. Better value almost has to be on GSW (now +135 at Pinny's). But that said, I "just can't see" Mavs not "stepping up" and "taking care of business" to use a bunch of dumb cliches. So I think I am the big fat square and the GSW bettors are the sharps. Thus, a simple solution: no bet.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:44 PM

Yeah, I think the clear solution here is no bet.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:15 PM

Dallas was the better team last year in the Finals and got worked by Miami.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:31 PM

There is value with GSW tonight. I've already got plenty at GSW to win the series, so it's a no bet. If I didn't have any on GSW to win the serious, however, I'd take the Warriors ML.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 PM

when did you bet the series rjp?

I just rewatched game 5 for the third time, GS put up some bad shots in the last 3 minutes and Dallas hit a few jumpers. It was Golden State's game to lose, as was the case with game 2 when the game was in their hands and they rang up the technical fouls to give the game to Dallas.

Dallas hasn't "won" a game all series, Golden State gave them the wins.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:54 PM

Before game 5.