Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Schneids joined very well known site as instructor

[ QUOTE ]

I will be logging enough hands at $5/10, $30/60, etc to get a feel for how the games play, and I know for sure in the videos I will be using a slightly different style than the one I use in bigger games.

[/ QUOTE ]

it might just save you from losing your money so fast. ha good work schneids congrats on such a selection, theyve never asked me to make a vid... wonder why...
Old 05-03-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im pretty sure trying to emulate scnieds in any way will cause me to rapidly lose money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be logging enough hands at $5/10, $30/60, etc to get a feel for how the games play, and I know for sure in the videos I will be using a slightly different style than the one I use in bigger games.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I certainly understand why you would make this adjustment, it makes your videos go from possibly interesting to completely worthless for any mid-high players. I was actually considering signing up for CR to check it out (which is something I would definitely not ordinarily do), but this post has re-convinced me that watching these types of videos is a waste of time (for experienced players).
Old 05-03-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im pretty sure trying to emulate scnieds in any way will cause me to rapidly lose money.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I certainly understand why you would make this adjustment, it makes your videos go from possibly interesting to completely worthless for any mid-high players. I was actually considering signing up for CR to check it out (which is something I would definitely not ordinarily do), but this post has re-convinced me that watching these types of videos is a waste of time (for experienced players).

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be exploring the games and trying to find what I think is an optimal style. I don't know what that'll be yet. Gimme a chance [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty ridiculous...obviously the mistakes made and player styles at 5/10 are way different than the mistakes made and player styles at 100/200+. His play is going to have to change to adapt to the game.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:31 PM

yea I think the videos would still be really valuable no matter what level he is playing. Poker is like a puzzle that you are trying to solve. Each type of player is like a different type of puzzle. You think about how they play and construct an appropriate counterstrategy. For example, if they bet the turn 100% after betting betting the flop, you probably shouldn't checkraise the flop much and probably should even call a lot more preflop instead of 3betting. What is important is not necessarily the type of puzzle, but the thought process used in constructing the counterstrategy needed to solve it.

At the low-mid limits, I am sure there will be laggy players, passive players, and solid players and you will be able to see how Schneids uses available information to construct his counterstrategies.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea I think the videos would still be really valuable no matter what level he is playing. Poker is like a puzzle that you are trying to solve. Each type of player is like a different type of puzzle. You think about how they play and construct an appropriate counterstrategy. For example, if they bet the turn 100% after betting betting the flop, you probably shouldn't checkraise the flop much. What is important is not necessarily the type of puzzle, but the thought process used in constructing the counterstrategy.

At the low-mid limits, I am sure there will be laggy players, passive players, and solid players and you will be able to see how Schneids uses available information to construct his counterstrategies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not signing up unless it's schneids playing $1k/2k or above. My game is flawless otherwise.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:37 PM

who is schneids?
Old 05-03-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea I think the videos would still be really valuable no matter what level he is playing. Poker is like a puzzle that you are trying to solve. Each type of player is like a different type of puzzle. You think about how they play and construct an appropriate counterstrategy. What is important is not necessarily the type of puzzle, but the thought process used in constructing the counterstrategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said..
This is exactly how I think about poker.

I am probabily going to sign up now for the sole reason because schneids is making videos (no offense to the other coaches there, most of them are also insightful posters and im sure are better than me)

From what I've read, his thought process on limit is very unique. I associate him among the 2+2 high stakes elite.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who is schneids?

[/ QUOTE ]

So coy!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who is schneids?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he won some tournament last year.