Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: 2 pr river decision

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely do it more when playing well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-03-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
foldfoldfold. i usually dont think and call here tho.

villain can only be bluffing with 8x and value-raising worse with 87 and those hands usually fold turn so his range is pretty dominated by flushes and a7

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I know of no one on absolute who folds the turn here with 87 or 8xs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hero needs to have the best hand on the river 8.5% of the time to make calling profitable. I dont care what the logic of the hand suggests, I refuse to believe that the hero wont be good this often. Thats why I call. Thats why I always call in these spots, becuz thats what I do for a living, making crying calls all day. Some days they always have it. Some days they dont. I'm still not broke yet so I'm ok with this strategy.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

villain can only be bluffing with 8x and value-raising worse with 87 and those hands usually fold turn so his range is pretty dominated by flushes and a7

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The hero needs to have the best hand on the river 8.5% of the time to make calling profitable. I dont care what the logic of the hand suggests, I refuse to believe that the hero wont be good this often. Thats why I call. Thats why I always call in these spots, becuz thats what I do for a living, making crying calls all day. Some days they always have it. Some days they dont. I'm still not broke yet so I'm ok with this strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was kinda trying to point out the ridiculousness of saying that someone "always has you beat" on Absolute, especially with those sort of stats. The games there play v. laggy and while I don't expect to be good I expect it to be > 10% which provides enough overlay.

Rob
Old 05-03-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was kinda trying to point out the ridiculousness of saying that someone "always has you beat" on Absolute, especially with those sort of stats. The games there play v. laggy and while I don't expect to be good I expect it to be > 10% which provides enough overlay.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew you had it figured out Rob. My response was targeted to all those people who love folding.