Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Ruling Question??? 1-2 NL at FW...

IF the floor declared the fouled hand dead, the player would have no recourse -- this is a technically correct ruling.

IF the floor was called immediately, so no one had seen the four jumbled cards, and the player could identify exactly which two were his (i.e., while they were face down), I suspect that in a 1/2 game the floor would let play continue many times.

Always protect your cards.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:52 PM

I've seen hands get fouled after someone has money in the pot but I've never seen the floor allow the "whisper your cards to me" ploy. One time I saw the floor start to try this, but he was stymied because the guy had played his hand blind. It'd be completely standard to just take the fouled cards and muck 'em, money stays in the pot. I'm ok with a more creative solution, but one shouldn't expect it.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:03 AM

Had this happen at Foxwoods in a 10/20 LHE game. Pre-flop, seat 3 folded and skimmed his cards through the muck and one card is embedded between BB's other two unprotected cards. In the SB I pointed to what I thought was the card. Without calling the floor, the dealer shows the card to the guy who mucked and asked if it was his. He confirmed. BB won the hand. Nobody objected.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:14 PM

I wasn't in the hand and neither was my buddy but the floor ruled the guy allin for 60 had his hand fouled. Then they proceded to say he was allowed to return his 60 bucks to his stack and the caller was allowed to act on the 15.00 raise as if the 60 allin didn't happen.

So he took his 60 bucks back and folded his hand. UTG gets pushed the now very small pot and flips over his AA's.

UGLY!!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:33 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

dead money dead cards, protect your hand
Old 05-03-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] If the cards can be identified what good reason do you have for not retrieving the hand?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't in the hand and neither was my buddy but the floor ruled the guy allin for 60 had his hand fouled. Then they proceded to say he was allowed to return his 60 bucks to his stack and the caller was allowed to act on the 15.00 raise as if the 60 allin didn't happen.

So he took his 60 bucks back and folded his hand. UTG gets pushed the now very small pot and flips over his AA's.

UGLY!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The floor did the right thing and I'm glad I called it right earlier.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen hands get fouled after someone has money in the pot but I've never seen the floor allow the "whisper your cards to me" ploy. One time I saw the floor start to try this, but he was stymied because the guy had played his hand blind. It'd be completely standard to just take the fouled cards and muck 'em, money stays in the pot. I'm ok with a more creative solution, but one shouldn't expect it.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO better than the "whisper your cards ploy" is to have the player identify the cards in writing on the floorman's notepad. The floor tells the table that the cards must be correct and everyone gets to see that the cards are correct at the end of the hand (i.e., the cards will be exposed no matter what and compared with the notepad).

The advantage here is that it avoids the appearance of possible collusion between the floorman and a regular.

~ Rick
Old 05-04-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it was indistinguishable, the floor might take the player who did it away from the table and ask him what he had, and sort the cards out that way. Or, if he's having a bad day, he'll just rule the hand dead :P

[/ QUOTE ]

imagine this scenario: mp caller has AT, short stack has A9. because they are friends and have worked out signals, MP tells the floor he had AA.

IMHO, his hand has to be dead to protect the integrity of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

last time when i played and this scenario happened, not to an all in guy but before he even looked at his cards, floor ruled the hand dead on the spot