Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: The Shield 6.5 May 1st

[ QUOTE ]
Question-

The scars on Ronnie's face, are those a plot point, or is that just something the actor has?

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the following. It's possibly my favorite scene in the history of The Shield. In a later episode, Ronnie gets his face burned in retaliation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEkZCN4-7HI
Old 05-02-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like when they put the rapist in the cage, Billings yells at him "Your daughter is dead! You made her run off and then she got killed. Deal with it"

[/ QUOTE ]

Billings recovered WAY up the chart for this one, IMO.

The credits for next week show Shane playing it off again with Vic, but I can't imagine that the confrontation is far off.

The rogue cop line struck me as rather strange. I bet it comes back to bite Vic in the butt later on.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dutch and Billings are turning out to be a great team. The tension between them was downplayed this week, but it's an interesting plot line of the show.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't think the tension was downplayed. Dutch kept staring at Billings with a look of revulsion every time he did something unprofessional. Like when they put the rapist in the cage, Billings yells at him "Your daughter is dead! You made her run off and then she got killed. Deal with it" or something. Dutch glared at Billings for a solid beat before turning his attention back to the suspect.

[/ QUOTE ]I was a bit distracted, but I thought Dutch was giving Billings looks of surprise rather than revulsion.

Billings has mentioned his kids before ("I'm a great father." -- "Yeah, every other weekend.") and it's obvious he was passionate about this case--which he freaking cracked, by the way!

When Billings and Dutch were sitting in the car and he was telling Dutch his faults, didn't Billings say something like they could make a good team because they had opposite strengths and weaknesses? Dutch was plainly dubious, but it looks like Billings was on to something.

Good makeup job on Shane. He looked like hell.

Something about the way Hiatt kept pushing to get in touch with Hernan after Dutch told him he was undercover set off alarm bells. That, and he rushed to get off the phone when Vic and the boys came into the room. Perhaps he's not as squeaky clean as he appears to be.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Something about the way Hiatt kept pushing to get in touch with Hernan after Dutch told him he was undercover set off alarm bells. That, and he rushed to get off the phone when Vic and the boys came into the room. Perhaps he's not as squeaky clean as he appears to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point; I was wondering this too. There are so many conflicting motivations going on with Vic, Hyatt, Lowe... Wyms... everyone is saying one thing and thinking another as they glance at each other during the job. So awesome.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:54 PM

One bit of something that I noticed, that may be some sort of foreshadowing: Did anyone else notice that when Vic was in the parking lot of the barn talking to Apollo Creed the shot from the police cruiser? It was a shot through the windshield of a car advancing towards Vic, that he quickly moved out of path of?

Could be absolutely nothing, could end up being something important. Just curious if anyone else caught it?
Old 05-03-2007, 01:22 AM

man this show flows so perfectly. there never seems to be any forced plot advancement or filler stuff.

didn't hyatt come from broder patrol or something? I took the exchange with dutch to mean more like that he had connections that dutch didn't and could get face time.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One bit of something that I noticed, that may be some sort of foreshadowing: Did anyone else notice that when Vic was in the parking lot of the barn talking to Apollo Creed the shot from the police cruiser? It was a shot through the windshield of a car advancing towards Vic, that he quickly moved out of path of?

Could be absolutely nothing, could end up being something important. Just curious if anyone else caught it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that and figured it was just an awesome directorial touch, showing that at any one time:

a) Vic's conversations are overheard/witnessed; and
b) Vic is constantly in danger and manages to evade it... for now
Old 05-05-2007, 02:02 AM

The most amazing thing about this show is that they are able to pull off casting a bald pudgy midget as their leading man/badass. I don't know how you guys get past that, because it bugs me every time I watch the show. Other than that, great show.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Question-

The scars on Ronnie's face, are those a plot point, or is that just something the actor has?

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the following. It's possibly my favorite scene in the history of The Shield. In a later episode, Ronnie gets his face burned in retaliation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEkZCN4-7HI

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing this clip reminded me of how much I miss Lem. After he was killed, my friends and I were so shocked we almost stopped watching the show. I think the long layoff was refreshing, because now I can't even wait long enough to watch it at its scheduled time. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]