Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Need Inspiration - How many hours do you study/play a day?

1. Study 10 minutes
2. Browse BBV for 4 hours
3. Play 1 hour
4. Profit
Old 05-01-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, i spend on avg 5 hrs a day sweating other people and going over hands with them. i def spend more time watching other play poker and discussing THEIR hands than playing my own. i need to work on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i also do this a lot...who are your favorite players to sweat/discuss hands with? I've often found that sweating players who play higher stakes than you or approach the game from a different theoretical standpoint is very valueable. You see them making plays you never would and it just adds another dimension to your game.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:52 PM

A) 2 hours
B) 5 hours

Varies alot though.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:59 PM

where is option C, sleep/dream about poker?

i'd say the only way to be good is to be completely addicted

if you call it "study" you're not looking at it right. reading/thinking/analyzing/talking poker is like drinking water to a lot of us.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, i spend on avg 5 hrs a day sweating other people and going over hands with them. i def spend more time watching other play poker and discussing THEIR hands than playing my own. i need to work on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too. It is both a ginourmous waste of time and a big benefit.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too. It is both a ginourmous waste of time and a big benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i prob actually spend twice as much if not more of my time watching others. heh, i guess it helps, but making money is nice too!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i also do this a lot...who are your favorite players to sweat/discuss hands with? I've often found that sweating players who play higher stakes than you or approach the game from a different theoretical standpoint is very valueable. You see them making plays you never would and it just adds another dimension to your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

well obv durr and jman i talk with daily about hands and stuff, but i prob actaully spend more time going over hands with jinsokkp than anyone else, hes been tearin it up last month or so. i also spend a decent amount of time doing hands with urindanger, though hes been running kinda awful lately.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well obv durr and jman i talk with daily about hands and stuff, but i prob actaully spend more time going over hands with jinsokkp than anyone else, hes been tearin it up last month or so. i also spend a decent amount of time doing hands with urindanger, though hes been running kinda awful lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to take anything away from you raptor, you are obviously VERY successful and one of the best. but do you consider yourself one of the luckiest people around? that is quite a list of players to be discussion poker/hands with.
good job networking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if you call it "study" you're not looking at it right. reading/thinking/analyzing/talking poker is like drinking water to a lot of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

so do this "studying" 24/7. And try to play 5h/day. To keep my concentration up, I like to play 2 session of ~2.5h