Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: check call, bet call, or check fold

I too am not much of a bet-folder at all. I guess I have to be almost 100% sure I'm beat and even then I am almost always inclined to throw one more in. Maybe too loose but I hate folding for one more bet most of the time. In this case, if you are totally unsure just check call it I say. Only one more bet to possibly win the pot vs folding to lose the entire pot. I thnk the times you are good in this kind of situation make up for the times it costs you a bet on the end.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:20 AM

In live, loose passive games, some players will automatically call a bet on the flop. This means the range of hands that are seeing the river here is much wider than a weak king.

Maybe bottom pair was chasing two pair. Maybe middle pair was chasing two pair. Maybe ace high does not believe you have a king and is peeling a card. Maybe 88, 99 or TT wants to see if you will bet again. Maybe a straight draw missed and now has third pair. There are different kinds of loose passive players, the line you choose on the river depends on how you read the table. If you are so certain someone must have a king at this table, then check, obviously.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:06 PM

Bet fold.

The game is loose passive.

I check this flop a lot.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given the loose passive table read, I'll say bet-fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying we should bet for value? What hands do you think he might call with that we beat? What hands do you think he will fold that we dont beat? Answer: Few and None. Due to the # of players to the flop, the PF and flop action I think a weak K is likely. I don't think that they will buy a bluff because of my check on the turn, thinking that if I had a big king or better that I probly would continued leading out on the turn.
If Im wrong please smack me down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it's a value bet.

You're definitely not getting a King to fold, but a King would have shown SOME aggression by now almost certainly.

You'll get called by an unlikely Jack as well as sevens, even sixes etc.

When you check the turn you basically tell everyone "I'm afraid of the King" even the bad players will pick up on this.

Don't be surprised if you get overcalled by A7 here a lot.