Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Devices at the table

Wow really?! I'll have to check that out.
Do you know if it is still a crime though?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:36 PM

if someone was at the same table as me writing things down about my play i would never play with them again ever. It would be of no bennifit to me. Don't be surprised if you can't find a regular game.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:07 PM

I looked it up and it is still a crime to play online in Washington...just a misdemeanor, but a crime none the less.

Thanks for the input everyone. I suppose the note taking will have to ocure before I sit down or after I get up to keep people like Brokeski from never playing with me.

I agree I would do the same thing Brokeski. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Having an edge is always a good thing so I'll have to keep a low profile when taking notes and keep it away from the table.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if someone was at the same table as me writing things down about my play i would never play with them again ever. It would be of no bennifit to me. Don't be surprised if you can't find a regular game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never playing against a note-taker could easily deprive you of many hours of +$EV opportunity at many tables.

Why not just evaluate the game/table and decide based on the totality of the situation including the fact of one or more note-takers sitting in?

Also, if you base your decision not to play at a table solely on the presence of a note taker, then you're turning over your decision making to a third party, namely, the note taker. You're giving him power over you.

If you actually keep this attitude, then never tell anyone about it, even your best friend or poker buddy. (Well, I guess you could tell your therapist but only in strict confidence.) After all, anyone who knew could drive you away from a table by pulling out a piece of paper and saying "I'm going to make a note about that."

As far as not being able to find a regular game goes, you must not be talking about public card rooms. Unless the room prohibits taking notes, then the note takers are in and you're out. I'd rather be the note taker who scares you off and is thus more likely left to play against tourists/fish/hard-drinking players.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you considered the modern devices known as the pencil and pad of paper?

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you seen the new graphic generator that comes with this? Combine text and pictures with ease.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:22 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] link
Old 04-28-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you considered the modern devices known as the pencil and pad of paper?

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you seen the new graphic generator that comes with this? Combine text and pictures with ease.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but mine sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2007, 02:20 AM

US a PDA and record notes when you see something of interest. If you spend too much time writing down every hand or trying to figure out a VPIP for someone I think you'll be missing other important information that's going on during the hand because your time is spent w/ your head down writing.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:45 AM

Fictional Conversation.....

Fish : "Hey bud what's that guy doing across from us ? He has been writing stuff down every hand."

Player : "Oh that's Don he takes notes on people... It really helps him clean up I have not seen him lose in a long time"

Fish : Oh..... Hmmmm thanks... I think I see a opening at the Craps table

Washington state does not activly go after players. For you to be charged they would have to get your player data of of the company you play with... Fulltilt, Starts, UB etc etc.

I'm under the impression if WA asked for those files the company would smile and tell WA to piss off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

No jury would let a felony charge stick for playing online poker.

So I would honestly tell you keep playing in WA nothing is going to happen to you. And if it ever somehow did. You would become famous because you would be a rallying cry for every poker player in the U.S.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:07 AM

I generally make a mental note of something and then when I go to get a pop or water or use the restroom I record things. I try not to record things at the table.