Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: A Second Politics Forum is Needed

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that this option exists. It's called "get a damn blog".

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, let's get rid of NVG, all "trip reports", tldr, EDF, hell, all OT forums. All of that can be replicated in blogs. bye traffic!
Old 04-27-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bluff, I'm going to pretend you're serious for a second. The reason your idea won't work is that TPTB including myself don't want what would be involved with a "Rough & Tumble" to exist anywhere on 2+2. The rules I enforce that you don't like apply to every forum on 2+2. Even BBV has rules about what you can post. The kind of trolling, flaming and racially antangonistic debate you wish to allow will never be permitted anywhere on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such a lot-tastic post. And the lolliest part is that you believe all that. Take those rose-colored glasses off and put down the pipe for good.

1) You're a "power that be"? Wow. Congrats!

2) "The rules you enforce"? You mean the way you choose to enforce your skewed understanding of them to fit your PC worldview. To be fair though, I suspect part of the problem is that you don't actually get crystal clear guidance from the admins.

3) "The kind of trolling, flaming and racially antangonistic debate you wish to allow will never be permitted anywhere on 2+2."

Notice that the word "truth" isn't in the quote above. Because in the PC ideology, truth isn't the prime value. Non-offensiveness is, and all uncomfortable truth-sayers must be silenced. Same as in either fascist or communist systems as implemented historically.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:11 PM

How is he not banned or starred?
Old 04-27-2007, 08:12 PM

Bluff,

Are you a racist?
Old 04-27-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bluff,

Are you a racist?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe I am, nor that anyone can prove same from my postings. While posters like snowtroll and other might like to label me as such because of my aggressive views on radical Islamists, I can and have rationally back up my views.

I will give an example of what is or isn't racist. It isn't racist to state that a race or religion, or sub-part thereof, possesses various unattractive qualities or defects, *as long as there is strong grounds in truth to make that assertion*. What is racist is to extend that to an individual member of such a group without proof, or to seek to deny the group as a whole or its members, basic civil rights without just cause.

I will also be more specific regarding my views on Islam. I believe that those Moslems who support terrorism and other actions deemed reprehensible like the abuse of women, constitutes a far greater percentage of Islam than the PC liberals of the west would like to believe (their prime fault is an inability to distinguish between the truth of the way things are with the way they would like them to be). And furthermore, even if such constitutes a minority of Moslems, *if that supposed majority will not denounce the radical members and actions of their co-religionists and take action against such radicals themselves*, then we non-Moslems must act as if the radicals and their supporters in fact constitute a majority, because we cannot and should not allow ourselves and third parties to suffer their violence because we might collaterally harm those who supposedly don't support the radical terrorists, but also won't denounce or take action against the radicals themselves, whether because they truly do support them or are too cowardly to act.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe that this option exists. It's called "get a damn blog".

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, let's get rid of NVG, all "trip reports", tldr, EDF, hell, all OT forums. All of that can be replicated in blogs. bye traffic!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice straw man. I didn't suggest getting rid of all OT discussion. I suggest, however, that people whose last 100 posts over the past two days include 98 posts in the politics forum or in threads about the politics forum in ATF might be better off collecting some of their thoughts in a blog to supplement their posting on 2+2 if they feel stifled by the 2+2 moderation policy.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BluffTHIS 4 mod!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would completely support BluffThis for current mod of the politics forum.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BluffTHIS 4 mod!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would completely support BluffThis for current mod of the politics forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) HAHAHAHAHA

A majority of the mods hate me. You just sealed your doom.

2) Not interested in modding the PC forum.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BluffTHIS 4 PPA President!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 04-27-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will give an example of what is or isn't racist. It isn't racist to state that a race or religion, or sub-part thereof, possesses various unattractive qualities or defects, *as long as there is strong grounds in truth to make that assertion*. What is racist is to extend that to an individual member of such a group without proof, or to seek to deny the group as a whole or its members, basic civil rights without just cause.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow. Are there any racists who do not believe they have just cause for denying rights to ethnic or religious groups? No. Therefore, there is no essential difference between you and them. Congratulations. You are actually a real life full blown fascist.
Closed Thread