Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: 200/400 hand vs. sbrubgy 6 handed

I'm not a high stakes player by any means, but I've watched sbrugby play quite a bit. I doubt very much that he's overbetting without a big hand here. 3 nines a the least, more likely a boat. He's not calling from the blind with a worse King, he probably checks the river with a marginal hand. You're obviously only beating a bluff, and you've repped a big hand so I don't think sbrugby is going to throw $30,000 away without a stronger one. (i.e. fold river.)
Old 04-26-2007, 11:43 AM

He hasnt repped a big hand at all here by checking the flop and 1/2potting turn. How often do you check the turn w/ your K and w/ a hand thats missed like AT? Without being results oriented I think aba may donk into the riv a lot on you w/ anything after youve checked 2x and you control the pot size here with your hand.
I figured your expected the c/r after betting 1/2pot on turn but you have to figure he'll follow through big on the riv since your hand looks exactly like a good K which is why Id never call that c/r or check the turn and try and induce on the riv.

Also observer chat is great
javabung (Observer): who is NLBERNS?
Fluffy Bubbles (Observer): it's ted nugent
Mrthaumy (Observer): obv whitelime = chuck norris
Old 04-26-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He hasnt repped a big hand at all here by checking the flop and 1/2potting turn.

[/ QUOTE ]You're right, but he's repped a King at least by calling the c/r.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a high stakes player by any means, but I've watched sbrugby play quite a bit. I doubt very much that he's overbetting without a big hand here. 3 nines a the least, more likely a boat. He's not calling from the blind with a worse King, he probably checks the river with a marginal hand. You're obviously only beating a bluff, and you've repped a big hand so I don't think sbrugby is going to throw $30,000 away without a stronger one. (i.e. fold river.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen ABA do this with air and big hands, the interesting thing about this hand is that ABA probably thinks whitelime is somewhat scared money in this game, and that's a hell of a river bet to call with just a K.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:36 PM

Yeah, the problem I have with Aba's play is that he has to put Whitelime on exactly Kx for this play to have been profitable. If Whitelime does not have Kx, he prob checks behind turn, and Aba loses so much value by the river.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:00 PM

The only way to solve the problem here is to know what both players were thinking at the moment. I think pretty much everyone agree that your hand if face up been a Kx. And ABa knows that too. You probably know that Aba knows too, and he probably knows that you know that he know. So that's why it's so tricky... wat was eh thinking?

You realy have to interpret is over bet with all the above here, is he trying to push you of a K knowing that you know, or he knows that you know that he know so he's value betting because you'll see that as a "Iwant you to fold" and then call?

In both case I wouldn't get into that game with aba because you probably loose either way... but If I had to pick I would go for the fold!! odds are not good, you need to be right alot of the time here
Old 04-26-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen ABA do this with air and big hands, the interesting thing about this hand is that ABA probably thinks whitelime is somewhat scared money in this game, and that's a hell of a river bet to call with just a K.

[/ QUOTE ]

which is why i lean toward a call
Old 04-26-2007, 04:46 PM

my first thought was call but then i realized that he probably thinks you're scared money so his usual "seems to have it when he overbets" pattern doesn't matter much. also, next time before you play you might want to hire Salazar as a consultant: he really does seem to have the sickest reads on these games.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this, these guys like to overbet with huge hands
Old 04-26-2007, 11:58 AM

It seeme like your turn action makes your hand look exactly like what it is (one pair-- Kx or maybe AA once in a blue moon, basically TP or it's equivalent). Do you ever take the line up to that point with anything better? Whether or not you should call the river is reliant upone whether or not he thinks you can fold a king there; if you think he thinks you can, I'd be more likely to call.