Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: WPT Festa al Lago thread

[ QUOTE ]
Someone needs to teach VVP how to pronounce "tsetse" and "crisis."

[/ QUOTE ]

That same person must no longer allow him to use "tsetse" to describe small bets on 2 different hands. Whatever happened to "massage bet" and "a little tickler bet"?
Old 04-26-2007, 01:48 AM

About the post about me "whining"

I agree I was very upset with myself afterward for saying anything and had been dreading that moment of weakness exposed to the world.....I still think his call is terrible, but whatever i shouldnt have said it and to be honest I dont think I should have pushed either.....

I didnt want to raise and have Pelton reraise me with a hand like KQ and have to fold and the blinds were about to go up....I got garbage all day and prob lost my patience...and didnt want to ante off a round or two and be to a point where I had no fold equity with an all in move....

Anyway for anyone who cares, I apologize for the minor outburst and if you saw my two sick beats at the USPC on the bubble you will see I take a loss pretty well.....

Hopefully if I get another opportunity and I will behave better and hopefully get a few better hands to play......

David Baker
Old 04-26-2007, 04:33 AM

I wasn't at all bothered by what david said....honesty on tv is good

david has more credibility to criticize than mike or vince and as an aside was exceptionally nice to me during my first meltdown which didn't make tv

i stand by my call (assign david a reasonable range and do the math) but i wouldn't argue if someone wanted to fold there.

joe pelton
Old 04-26-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree I was very upset with myself afterward for saying anything and had been dreading that moment of weakness exposed to the world.....I still think his call is terrible, but whatever i shouldnt have said it and to be honest I dont think I should have pushed either.....

I didnt want to raise and have Pelton reraise me with a hand like KQ and have to fold and the blinds were about to go up....I got garbage all day and prob lost my patience...and didnt want to ante off a round or two and be to a point where I had no fold equity with an all in move....

Anyway for anyone who cares, I apologize for the minor outburst and if you saw my two sick beats at the USPC on the bubble you will see I take a loss pretty well.....

Hopefully if I get another opportunity and I will behave better and hopefully get a few better hands to play......

David Baker

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call with the K-high, though.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:22 AM

david has more credibility to criticize than mike

yup he played perfect. limping pocker prs, pushing 15bb ace-rag early, calling river bets w/ k-high, w/out the cooler AA vs AK, he would of went all the way baby! ALL THE WAY!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This episode has 3 crazy players (Walnum, Pelton, Wong), all of whom are capable of making "plays". Entertainment at its best.

Joe Pelton would have been "in demand" by the online poker industry if the UIGEA hadn't passed. He does not speak any European language besides English. The lack of language skills limits his value right now.

Steve Wong speaks Dutch, Cantonese Chinese, and English.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you a real person?
Old 04-26-2007, 08:37 AM

I couldn't make it into the 2nd hour. Could someone post the results?

I'm also at work and can't access any of the sites that I know of to find the results.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

David Baker

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call with the K-high, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 04-26-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

David -- you weren't whining and your behavior was just fine. It sucks to work that hard with a fairly tight table image for days and have someone call with that. I am not blaming Pelton for the call as he obviously thought he was good or as he even said, he decided to gamble. But from what I saw, everyone at that table had decent manners all night.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:22 PM

Thanks Joe and hamburglar obviously you must not be much of a player if you think limping with pocket prs is horrible and I loved my K high call. That was one of my favorite hands I played and was so glad it made it tv....If you cant understand that call then you must not be much of a player....

Andreas is going to bet that flop with any 2 cards as he had on 2 previous sb-bb hands, both times with J high....I elected to play a small pot as he was running god and was the only one who could bust me then......then the A hits and he fires again....I think about raising but on the off chance he had something big I didnt want to get blown off the hand or shove it in with 12 outs.....

Now he fires the river again and I start to think....What does he have and what does he think I have.....Well I dont think he has an A or a big Q because as chip leader he probably wont let me see a flop with one of those hands, so he is not value betting 1 pr....he either has some well disguised 2 pr or 35 for a straight or more likely nothing.....he had to put me on a draw and thinks I will fold, he could have easily had the j7 or k3 or any 2 cards not making a pr and I have nut no pr....I think my call here is excellent and I stand by it and was glad it was shown....

Im down to 27 at the WPT Championship so with a lot of luck and some correct decision making, maybe I will have another chance on the big stage.....(Im sure I will see Hamburglar there!)

DB