Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: being classy at a cocktail party?
G&T 26 81.25%
Mint Julep 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: 6 Left - Who Is Your Horse?

[ QUOTE ]
Eastern - ok damn my playful thread title wording. I know we're all betting on this but I thought I made the pole clear in the OP. This with the soon to be invasion of the Daddy's gimmicks... I'm not sure how good these pole results will be.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the early results reflect the prevalent beliefs about AI this year--of the remaining 6, only two stand out enough to win.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:25 PM

Eastern - yeah, true. Although Jordin could've been replaced with Lakisha early on, and Blake in the middle I think. Blake has really fallen from grace (due to being a mediocre vocalist) and really Lakisha has done herself in.

BTW has this always been the case with Idol? My understanding was last year was much more of a crap-shoot between 3 or 4 contestants with 6 to go.

-Al
Old 04-25-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW has this always been the case with Idol? My understanding was last year was much more of a crap-shoot between 3 or 4 contestants with 6 to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. I didn't play the game last year, but to a casual viewer (unaware of lines), it seemed like Taylor, Elliot, Daughtry and McPhee all had weeks where they were the best. I think that's why this year is so boring.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eastern - yeah, true. Although Jordin could've been replaced with Lakisha early on, and Blake in the middle I think. Blake has really fallen from grace (due to being a mediocre vocalist) and really Lakisha has done herself in.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Top 6 was all daughtry (45-60 range), I see a similar fate for melinda

Final 2 probably Jordin 55 vs Melinda 45 but Melinda could easily go like daughtry did, based on dial Idol shes not dominating anymore, meaning people are getting tired of her and shes not picking up votes as much as the others. Very possible she goes out 3rd in a shocking ellimination.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:43 PM

It might be interesting to do three seperate polls:

1) Who do you think has the best chance of winning right now?
2) Who do you think is the most undervalued right now? (which answeres the thread title, "Who is your Horse,")
3) Who is the most overvalued?
Old 04-25-2007, 04:45 PM

blake is definitely my favorite contestant this year (although I don't think he has a very good chance of winning), he has definitely slipped the last two weeks with his performance. I don't think there was anything wrong with the performance itself this week, just that the song doesn't lend itself to being very exciting or terribly entertaining. I'd predict that in the next two weeks he really steps up his game and gives a good performance to outlast at least lakisha and phil.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:49 PM

Rooting for Jordin, mostly so I can keep bumping my post from like a month ago saying she was a good buy at the time (price was around 13 iirc), and that she had a good chance at winning.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Final 2 probably Jordin 55 vs Melinda 45 but Melinda could easily go like daughtry did, based on dial Idol shes not dominating anymore, meaning people are getting tired of her and shes not picking up votes as much as the others. Very possible she goes out 3rd in a shocking ellimination.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if she'll give the surprised look when she's eliminated.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I see that Vegan has voted.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my first thought, but it's hard to believe that he wouldn't have posted something.

I'm going to be surprised if it's not Jordin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey who else would vote Lakisha at this stage. Truley I don't think she'll win but I think she can win. I still think she is great value if she survives tonight. My true choice would be Melinda with Jordin second. The guys IMO can not win. In fact I will quit betting Idol if one does. I really have won every year of Idol. This year it's been pretty bad.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:43 PM

Don't be too hard on yourself - I think a lot of people here were heavy on Lakisha early on (and I feel bad for the people who bought her in the 30s) but when the bad signs show, sometimes you have to bail.

This season is getting a little annoying now, IMO. Melinda still has impeccable vocals but I really am bored of her. I wish she would sing a "current" song and just put her spin on it. I like Jordin a lot and I'd like to see her win because I think it'd be great success for a kid like her, but the judges constant pimping of her almost infuriates me. Best vocal in AI history last night? I nearly puked. It wasn't even her best performance.

From a gambling standpoint, I'm tempted to cash in my profit on my Melinda and Jordin shares, but then I figure I could probably make more if I just stick with the game.