Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: FT KJs time to go?

KJ with no FE and 5x raise and a cold call from a tight player?? Looks like a fold. Your not that desperate yet, if you fold you will still have over 10BB left.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Results

I folded the hand.

Afterwhich the superflop came JJT. They checked it down, btn had a7 and Matt won the pot with 22.

Matt went on to win the tourney, congrats!!
Old 04-25-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I folded the hand.

Afterwhich the superflop came JJT. They checked it down, btn had a7 and Matt won the pot with 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

22? wtf?
Old 04-25-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KJ with no FE and 5x raise and a cold call from a tight player?? Looks like a fold. Your not that desperate yet, if you fold you will still have over 10BB left.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with idea. your stack is still playable.and you will make it through the blinds. so do your attcking with FE.
we always remember the hands WE WOULD HAVE WON...
you did right to save your chips for a better spot...you would have got two calls. and most likely been dominated.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
locutus I would go as far to say I may even fold to his 5x I think thats a hand thats def not folding a shove but wants to let you know hes not folding. So it's def not JJ+ but it's often AJ 88 and other hands you rather not go against with 0 FE. So this is a fold imo without the redic scary SB coldcall from a good and up and coming lhe leftover.

[/ QUOTE ]

go so far as, wtf this is an instafold

also matt calling with 22 is super awful
Old 04-25-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I folded the hand.

[/ QUOTE ] Buttons 5x raise is bad and the call with 22 is awful.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
locutus I would go as far to say I may even fold to his 5x I think thats a hand thats def not folding a shove but wants to let you know hes not folding. So it's def not JJ+ but it's often AJ 88 and other hands you rather not go against with 0 FE. So this is a fold imo without the redic scary SB coldcall from a good and up and coming lhe leftover.

[/ QUOTE ]

go so far as, wtf this is an instafold

also matt calling with 22 is super awful

[/ QUOTE ]

well an arguement can be made for snging if he folds ace high on some boards.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:32 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Hi All,

I know the 22 hand is far from standard. But I had a feeling it would win.

Best,
Matt

P.S I will fly one day.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:57 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Real Response:

I over value small pairs. All the time. It's a fault I know it. I actually overthought this hand if one can believe it.

I don't want to shove all my chips in with 22. I thought about re-raising, or shoving. Or stop and going. But thats effectively putting all my chips in. By caling, I know loc. will think I am pretty strong here, as he is a good solid thinking player. I wanted to play a hand against Malika, even OOP. I admit to being careless with the amount of chips it cost me to do this, but I felt it was worth the risk, and was fairly certain my smooth call would keep Locutus at bay, and as a desperate short stack. (sorry sir!)

Since I had a good feel of Malikas betting patterns, I felt I could play the flop effectively. The plan was to check raise him all in on that board. When the ten comes, I shy from that. As if he had been paying attention I was checking and calling showdown value hands. I did miss a value bet on the river. But I was really interested to see his 5xs raise, as none of those had been showdown. Plus the river could have paired him. Also he was not sophisticated enough to shove river UI.

Sorry if this is poorly explained, but I don't write about poker often. My last post in strategy was in 2004.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:51 AM

matt I understand your reasoning for it and most of it is true but because of what you told me how he was calling redic large shoves PF anyway with your stack it's better to keep it the amount it is and wait for like 77+ AJs AQo and just shove over his open knowing you are way ahead of his calling range. And the c/shove flop is a great line I love it and ucla was first who said it against laggy consistant c-bettors it's a great plan to have on any flop. But the thing is the PFR isn't c-betting everytime and your hand sucks vs his calling range because you always have 2 outs when called which means he needs to fold a lot more times then it actually happens.

Yah I'm sure you had great reads that's something you 2-4 table players get a lot sooner then someone like myself, I do like the thought behind keep shorties short I do that often and I love to keep those who are good solid thinking players to my left as short as possible so they can't outplay me etc.