Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: PSA: EVERYONE READ

[ QUOTE ]
QFMFT

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to quote it, n00b.

Good post orange. It's getting annoying having some people post 10 hands at once, that's for damn sure.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One thing I really hate to see are one word answer posts. I see alot of "call" or "fold" type posts that really deserve atleast a brief explanation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the problem is there are so many trivial hands posted with just huge errors or obvious moves that it's not worth writing a full explanation, you just post something to tell them what to do.

We really need people to post quality hands that had some thought put into them. Then the responders should put some thought into their answers and say *why*. Hopefully we can actually get some discussion again about hands.

I was browsing some SSNL from when I learned and there would be hands with 200+ posts of *real strat* people talking about ranges and why this and that and it was awesome.

It needs to be a joint effort by the newbs taking some time to read & learn and think before posting, and then the regs need to take some time in their responses.

Personally after a session I review all the difficult hands and 90% of them I know what I did wrong or I just did something stupid and I don't need to post it. All the posters need to do this.

VIVA LA SSNL ! Let's bring it back!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:49 PM

Just an idea i had but i dont think it will happen. We have a day where we can only post hands we win. Then we can discuss about how we played the hand well, coerced oppenent into making a mistake, fundamental errors in the villians play and whatnot. That would help people cut down on just posting hands where theres an obvious play where they got coolered/ unlucky or what not
Old 04-24-2007, 09:59 PM

I still think a large problem is multiple people with >100 posts giving crappy advice.

Which is good for the games so I don't care too much.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just an idea i had but i dont think it will happen. We have a day where we can only post hands we win. Then we can discuss about how we played the hand well, coerced oppenent into making a mistake, fundamental errors in the villians play and whatnot. That would help people cut down on just posting hands where theres an obvious play where they got coolered/ unlucky or what not

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this could be interesting. But only if there is something you do out of the ordinary or you think would start a debate.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think a large problem is multiple people with >100 posts giving crappy advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kil, part of the whole idea of the forum is for them to post advice even if it's wrong. That's how they learn. It's better than having them post pointless hands. If you don't like it you can just ignore the post. Attacking them over and over just creates a flame war which clutters the forum and creates a negative environment that's not helpful.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell them why you think they are wrong? Start a debate...?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kil, part of the whole idea of the forum is for them to post advice even if it's wrong. That's how they learn. It's better than having them post pointless hands. If you don't like it you can just ignore the post. Attacking them over and over just creates a flame war which clutters the forum and creates a negative environment that's not helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's just so much fun
Old 04-24-2007, 10:17 PM

OMG I havent been online in quite some time (computer is dead), but just reading some of the threads today gave me a headache...where did all the regs go?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:29 PM

Who are some of these regulars that you should be listening too? I know OP said he didn't want to say names, but it would be great help to know what posters have been here for awhile and often have quality thoughtful advice. Obv more posts doesn't mean anything imo, so it'd be helpful to some newer posters to know which regulars to keep an eye out for in the various threads.