FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Action
Call 11 44.00%
Push 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: The Shield 04-24-07

[ QUOTE ]
Totally loved the entire ep until the ER rampage. Just didn't buy it for some reason.

[/thoughtful insight]

[/ QUOTE ]

CE,

I can understand that, it was way over the top. But I took it as Vic finally dealing with Lem's death in a (somewhat) healthy way.

J
Old 04-25-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Totally loved the entire ep until the ER rampage. Just didn't buy it for some reason.

[/thoughtful insight]

[/ QUOTE ]

CE,

I can understand that, it was way over the top. But I took it as Vic finally dealing with Lem's death in a (somewhat) healthy way.

J

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think I get what they wanted to do. Like Vic never really grieved and he's letting it out. Just didn't work for me.

Still my favorite ep so far.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:35 AM

I liked the Er scene. Even with killing Guardo, Vic has been taking it too well. Convincing himself that he just needed to do something to make everything all better like he had done in the past. He killed Guardo and was going to give that kid the way out and the future he wanted to give Lem. Once he died and Vic couldnt help him it all hit him that he couldnt help and that he had "burned Lems burger" and caused is eventual death..
Old 04-25-2007, 02:02 AM

so i thought the whole that kid becoming lem to these guys thing was cool, and i wanted to see if anyone else noticed something:

when they are in the car - vic driving and shane in the back wwith the kid - did anyone else see a brief moment where it looked like shane was going to/wanted to kill the kid before they reached the hospital?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:14 AM

I missed it! omfg when is it on? Saturday night?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:41 AM

Default I Hated the ER Scene

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was enjoying the show and then came the ER scene....
I hated the ER scene. Vic has seen plenty of gang-bangers die and we are suppose to believe he will go ballistic over this guy? The intriquing aspect about "The Sheild" is you have a cop that crossing the line and does bad things....yet remains likable and a somewhat sympathetic character.

The ER scene made Vic look like an out-of-control ---hole with zero self-control. So he commits public vandalism in front of his captain and other fellow officers? This scene is not consistent with his character. I was able to buy Vic's mania against Guardo because of Lem's death but this ER scene was ridiculous.... Also in the scene the security guard tries to stop Vic and Shane tells him to back off.....er yeah. Everyone sits on their ass, while Vic vandalizes a hospital....

The writers are getting lazy... The writers made this show and now the writers are slowly detroying this show.... I started seeing cracks in the writing in season 4 with Glenn Close's character. I still like "The Shield" but I feel upset when the writers engage in character homicide.... Vic has plenty of character flaws for the writers to exploit with out resorting to the nonsense that occurred in the ER scene...... Pathetic....truly pathetic...

Also, Vic who is trying to be extra good to save is job is going to vandalize a hospital because some piece-of-s--- gang banger leaves the gang and is killed for it. Boo Hoo Hoo...so sad that ex-scumbag dies. Boo Hoo Hoo....yes, this is worth losing you job for... I think Shawn Ryan must be doing a lot of coke lately. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: I Hated the ER Scene

"I hated the ER scene. Vic has seen plenty of gang-bangers die and we are suppose to believe he will go ballistic over this guy?"

I think you may have missed the point totally. This isn't about the kid, it's about Lem. IF you couldn't grasp that, you should really give up ever watching TV this complex.

Did my girl Tina leave the show, or is this an on going plot line. I may cry.

I agree with lapoker, I felt like Shane really wanted the kid to die.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:27 AM

Felix: You seemed to have missed the point as Dids pointed out.

As far as the episode goes... I was a bit sketchy about the introduction of the new guy with his, "did I just get a timeout?" line, but his character seems okay. It definitely remains to be seen if his acting is going to be on par with the rest of the characters.

Also, Julien finally is going to get back into the thick of things and this could be a definite spark due to Mackey and Julien's pasts. I'm pretty excited for this.

Overall, a good episode that seems to be building towards much greater things (the investigation of the 12 homicides, Julien and the Strike Team, new guy's seemingly immediate respect of Vic, Dutch losing the love of his life, Vic's possible retirement, Shane just plain losing it). Lots on tap, and I can't wait for next tuesday (I will never look for released episodes online... takes the fun out of it in my opinion!)
Old 04-25-2007, 01:31 PM

Vic has a history of property destruction when he is upset/grieving. He destroyed his house when his wife ran away with his kids at the end of Season 1. His actions at the ER are well within his character, in my opinion. He viewed the gang-banger as Lem, it was like he died all over again.

I like adding Julian to the Strike Team, but wouldn't he need to be a detective first?
Old 04-25-2007, 01:33 PM

A lot of plot this time re: gang wars, but it was handled well. I loved the episode once again. I think the ER rampage was a bit dramatic but it worked for me given the context. It really was the first time Vic let out his anger over Lem.

Billings continues to be hilarious -- I loved his gesture at Danny's boobs after walking in on her breast-pumping. And it was a nice surprise having Lowe put on the strike team, since we just talked last week about how his character hasn't had enough plot lines.

Also I think that teenager Shane is screwing is really hot.