Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Online games getting tougher and tougher and tougher

This is a funny thread but there may be some modicum of truth in here.

Over time if the rate of experienced players (we'll call them Sharks or S) vs the number of new Inexperienced players (I) plus the rate of retarded Half ass players (H) is not offset by either better legality plus stronger Financing options (F) we shall see trouble in the future at some point.

In other words if F+I (S*H) < X -- we are dead.

(edited for clarity)
Old 04-23-2007, 09:18 AM

Truly... but I am simply not willing to take the advice from a tilt-mastah that plays BJ and seems to believe beating a game online that is -EV for a bit of money means his opinion has ANY merit. The game is slowing maybe (I don't necessarily think so), but I think there will be enough people for most of us to have fun with for quite some time to come at a minimum, at least long enough for the laws to get fixed.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:18 AM

People gotta justify being a losing player somehow. Number guy is trying to believe its not him.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All you guys playing poker for a living, it's time to wake up from your dream and go out there to find a real job because the way it's going right now, it will only gets tougher and tougher to make any money.

All you have being living in a fantasy for couple years, and you should know fantasy won't last forever, if I were you, you better wake up and go find a steady pay job starting NOW...

[/ QUOTE ]

yup.. barely won any $ since PArty pulled out. and been losing $ since Neteller pulled out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

but i choose chose 'C' which is to move to Latin America and play at Party again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every book I've read which is written about poker has some variation of language which goes, essentially, "you make money in poker by exploiting others' mistakes." NOT "you make money in poker by exploiting mistakes of an ever-expanding population of goldfish." Certainly, the latter helps in terms of making money even faster than would otherwise be the case.

There was poker before the internet - in fact, "Rounders" does not take place online, it takes place in a B&M cardroom - and there continues to be poker, and will continue to be poker as long as people want to play it.

The money may not be as easy as it was but personally, I think the explanation is a little more complicated than simply the UIGEA.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The money may not be as easy as it was but personally, I think the explanation is a little more complicated than simply the UIGEA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your assessment. My post was mostly me attempting (although in a vain effort) to be kinda humorous...

However - I do think that the combination of UIGEA coupled with the ability for a fish to read a book and learn and grow into a non-fish may make the game a bit more challenging in the future.

IMNSHO poker is really becoming more about discipline than knowledge -- it is not that hard to learn the game but it can be difficult as hell to APPLY! Most bad plays are made by people that know the play is bad but they just couldn't stop themselves -- the devil made them do it...
Old 04-23-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMNSHO poker is really becoming more about discipline than knowledge -- it is not that hard to learn the game but it can be difficult as hell to APPLY! Most bad plays are made by people that know the play is bad but they just couldn't stop themselves -- the devil made them do it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Like inablity to fold aces. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your assessment. My post was mostly me attempting (although in a vain effort) to be kinda humorous...

However - I do think that the combination of UIGEA coupled with the ability for a fish to read a book and learn and grow into a non-fish may make the game a bit more challenging in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading a poker book does nothing. Two of my friends read a book. One's in debt over a grand, the other donked off a few hundred. It really is all about discipline.

Also, OP is a loser.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you guys playing poker for a living, it's time to wake up from your dream and go out there to find a real job because the way it's going right now, it will only gets tougher and tougher to make any money.

All you have being living in a fantasy for couple years, and you should know fantasy won't last forever, if I were you, you better wake up and go find a steady pay job starting NOW...

[/ QUOTE ]

[sarcasm]Gee, thanks for the update. Thank goodness you started this thread, because there's NEVER been a thread like this before in the Zoo. I'm still making money playing poker, but thanks to your post I have seen the error of my ways, and will quit playing immediately.[/sarcasm]

You really think that people who play poker for a living can't see for themselves if their games are getting harder and make their own decisions based on that? You think they will be looking to an admitted losing player for advice on whether they should keep playing?

[ QUOTE ]
It's rude and disrespectful to bring other people's old thread back to life, but still, be scare, be worry, be afraid, be hopeless, because the joy is coming to an end, it's time for reality check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...really? So people should never be held to account for anything they've said beyond 5 minutes ago?

[ QUOTE ]
My system is no secret, it's out there...

It's just win win win win win win win.....

[/ QUOTE ]

For your sake, I REALLY hope your "system" involves bonuses. If you are relying on beating a -EV game, it will be you getting the "reality check" soon enough.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. Go away now, please.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:59 PM

The stock market is getting tougher and tougher to beat. Sell all your stock now, even if you have always made money.
Go out there and get a real job defined by 4 walls and a shirt and tie. Remember, real jobs dont have risks like outsourcing to china or india.

Regarding poker, all of you that have been making money since the 80s(yes 80s), playing B&M and even online should quit now and stop the 25 year fantasy now!