Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Beat: swollen testicle

Ahhhhh......nugget issues.

1) Despite the well meaning suggestion about having something twisted, you don't. If you did, you wouldn't be typing a message to this board - you'd be crying like Nancy Kerrigan. Testicular torsion (kink in the blood supply to the testicle) is ungodly painful - easy to follow, if you understand that you can produce the problem by grabbing one of your nuts and giving it a quick 180. If you do, TR, please.

2) Epydidimitis (inflammation of the epydidimis - small tube that wraps around the testicle) is usually a bit painful, although I've seen a couple that weren't. Treated with antibiotics, pain meds and scrotal elevation. Pretty much benign.

3) Varicocoele - as I recall, an enlargement of the venous plexus around the testicle - benign, but may need to be stripped - can lead to infertility.

4) Hydrocoele - fluid collection in a vestigial structure around the testicle. Big nut, painless, harmless, for the most part.

5) Tumor. Which is why you need to get your twins ultrasounded ASAP. If you're unlucky, it's still the most treatable cancer in young men.

Good luck, feel free to PM me if you need to.

MM MD
Old 04-21-2007, 11:32 PM

Are you sure it's the epididymis? Can you feel your nut separate from the swelling?

Good news- given your description it's unlikely to be torsion and it's highly unlikely to be anything nasty that would result in you losing it. It isn't a hernia either, the swelling would start in your groin.

It might be a hydrocoele, an epididymal cyst or epididymitis. Go to your doctor on monday, they see these things almost everyday. No biggie.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:38 PM

Have it checked out. Even worse case scenerio is shouldnt be life theatening. You can function perfectly fine with one.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:48 PM

yea go to the doctor right away...I felt a small lump actually on my tesicle this past summer it happened to just be a cyst, but I also had a varicocele which explained the pain I was feeling. I was down for the count 4 weeks and was unable to try out for my baseball team my senior year in college. Get it checked out asap.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:00 AM

Beat: Nut hurt for a couple weeks, then hurt like hell one day. Cancer. Had to have that sucker cut and then chemo.

Brag: I have sired two awesome kids since.

Brag: Not from frozen [censored] in a cup beforehand like that pussy Lance Armstrong.

Variance: You probably just have a sore nut or a twist, but get the hell to the doc now. You don't take chances with the family jewels.

Edit: jk about Lance. [censored] rules.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:04 AM

This thread is perfectly fine without pics.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:01 AM

I got this. Get to the doctor's pronto, that gets worse, you'll never know pain like it. I'm not kidding.

I think mine was brought on by having secks in a jacuzzi.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:06 PM

Semi-update:
Saw a GP at my school's health center today. She (not hot, but was nice) felt up my boys a lot. The good news is that she did not notice any hard lumps (which would be indicative of cancer) and said it is probably nothing serious, but said it was still worth seeing a urologist to be safe. I have an appointment tomorrow morning.