Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the NFC West?
Seattle Seahawks 68 83.95%
Arizona Cardinals 11 13.58%
St. Louis Rams 1 1.23%
San Francisco 49ers 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Phil Stacey and Vote For the Worst

All I can say, Vegan, is don't quit your day job. Lakisha has "goner" written all over her for this week or next.

To be serious, you're being very narrow minded. You're looking at singing ability as the only factor (or the overwhelmingly important factor) and we all know that it isn't. Yes, Lakisha is probably in the top 3 in terms of singing ability, but her popularity is waay down, and this is what matters. And to be honest, I think her singing ability is a bit overrated now that we've see a little bit more to her. She has one kind of song that she sings well, and that's it. The same can be said of Blake, but Blake is a MUCH better performer than Lakisha.

Lakisha won't make the finals. I peg her as top 4, at best.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I can say, Vegan, is don't quit your day job. Lakisha has "goner" written all over her for this week or next.

To be serious, you're being very narrow minded. You're looking at singing ability as the only factor (or the overwhelmingly important factor) and we all know that it isn't. Yes, Lakisha is probably in the top 3 in terms of singing ability, but her popularity is waay down, and this is what matters. And to be honest, I think her singing ability is a bit overrated now that we've see a little bit more to her. She has one kind of song that she sings well, and that's it. The same can be said of Blake, but Blake is a MUCH better performer than Lakisha.

Lakisha won't make the finals. I peg her as top 4, at best.

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all I don't have a day job. If Lakisha doesn't do well I might have to get one.

But I do realize that singing ability alone doesn't determine the voting but in the end it is a major factor. Without bullsh*ting, I have had made a significant profit every season of Idol except for last season. Although I still made money because after the finals I loaded up on Taylor after seeing the reaction to him on the internet. So I made a small profit for that season. Of course his winning was the biggest sign that singing ability doesn't matter enough because his voice sucks! The reason though singing does matter is because the voters are very influenced by the judges. Not all the time but usually when the judges all praise someone that person does well in the voting. This happens when someone sings well and IMNSHO Lakisha can sing. On the other hand, Phil, Chris and Blake all are mediocre at best and that is being generous. They will all go down. Lakisha, if she picks decents songs will go far.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:16 PM

LaKisha or Chris will go next. Probably LaKisha. She isn't really very good at singing or performing, and even her personality hasn't really shone through as impressive.

I still say:

1) Melinda
2) Blake
3) Jordin
4) Phil
5) Chris
6) LaKisha

as my order of finish. I used to have LaKisha up at 5 (and Sanjaya 4) but I think Chris has surpassed her with better song choices. But he sucks too.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all I don't have a day job. If Lakisha doesn't do well I might have to get one.

[/ QUOTE ]
TheVegan...
For you.
And please stop highjacking the board. Every other post is yours.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "highjacking" but I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. I am just mostly replying to others people's posts. If others think I am detracting from the Idol forum I will stop posting.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LaKisha or Chris will go next. Probably LaKisha. She isn't really very good at singing or performing, and even her personality hasn't really shone through as impressive.

I still say:

1) Melinda
2) Blake
3) Jordin
4) Phil
5) Chris
6) LaKisha

as my order of finish. I used to have LaKisha up at 5 (and Sanjaya 4) but I think Chris has surpassed her with better song choices. But he sucks too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree although I think Chris barely outlasts Phil.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:12 PM

I just found this:
Here is a link to a video of Celeb TV that includes Simon on Oprah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfgDdXLWHik
Old 04-21-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LaKisha...her personality hasn't really shone through as impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is big. People who have attended live shows say when off-air, she's not friendly with other contestants, doesn't smile, etc. This is also coming through during the broadcast.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
TheVegan...
For you.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are no rules on posting too much. you know that redbird.

use the ignore feature if you want, but this board welcomes the enthusiasm.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I still say:

1) Melinda
2) Blake
3) Jordin
4) Phil
5) Chris
6) LaKisha

[/ QUOTE ]

I am surprised u still have Blake at 2. I think his bottom 3 last week shows that people are tiring of his crappy voice.

Personally I think Chris (and maybe even Phil) will outlast him.

Actually I wouldn't even be surprised to see Blake go home this week - "inspirational songs" seems much better suited to Lakisha than Blake. He can't moonwalk and beatbox his way through inspirational songs.