Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Irrational fear of balding

loosing your hair kinda sucks, but eventually you get use to it. whatever.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:49 PM

I'm not afraid of it, but I'm kinda determined to beat my hair to the punch by starting to shave my heat before it's obvious. I was really close this week, then my hair grew just enough that I decided it wasn't horrible looking (my hairline was looking all uneven).
Old 04-20-2007, 10:36 PM

My Dad lost his hair when he was 16 and from about that point on, I've always had a constant neurosis about losing it. The funny thing is, I'm in my 30s now and still have a full head, yet I still can't not worry about it. I'm OCD enough that I feel like the moment I stop worrying about it, it will fall out, if that makes any sense.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My Dad lost his hair when he was 16 and from about that point on, I've always had a constant neurosis about losing it. The funny thing is, I'm in my 30s now and still have a full head, yet I still can't not worry about it. I'm OCD enough that I feel like the moment I stop worrying about it, it will fall out, if that makes any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

you do know hair-loss is on the X chromasome? your father has no baring whatsoever unless you are inbred
Old 04-20-2007, 10:50 PM

this is a weird thread and I don't think anyone has addressed the original topic.

OP - yes, I think your irrational fear and obsessiveness about balding is not normal. I think it's pretty odd.

Conversely, I'm balding more by the day I guess, and I almost never look at it ever.
Recently someone took a pic of me from behind and my reaction was, "Holy crap. I really AM pretty damn bald."
Old 04-20-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you do know hair-loss is on the X chromasome? your father has no baring whatsoever unless you are inbred

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was an old-wives tale. No?

Honestly, though, it doesn't matter that much. That may have been what started me worrying about it, but at this point it's a completely illogical reflex I have no control over, kind of like hypochondria or something.