Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Trop in AC enforcing playing time for the poker rate?

My impression is that you had to maintain a 4-hour per day average over the total number of days you have recorded on your poker card. So if fell below that on a particular occasion, you would still get the rate on that trip, and could still get the rate in the future as long as your "career average" didn't drop below 4-hours. I was just there last week on the poker rate, and I didn't feel like I was being monitored very closely....I probably played 20 hours at Trop over 4 days.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:55 PM

I'm sure you could say, "I was sitting for two hours when I first sat down and no one came to can" and they'd have to believe you.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My impression is that you had to maintain a 4-hour per day average over the total number of days you have recorded on your poker card. So if fell below that on a particular occasion, you would still get the rate on that trip, and could still get the rate in the future as long as your "career average" didn't drop below 4-hours. I was just there last week on the poker rate, and I didn't feel like I was being monitored very closely....I probably played 20 hours at Trop over 4 days.

[/ QUOTE ]
But is there anything specifying the number of days that you have to play? What if your "career" is just a single 6 hour session? Will you be able to use that one 6 hour session to constantly get poker rate rooms?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But is there anything specifying the number of days that you have to play? What if your "career" is just a single 6 hour session? Will you be able to use that one 6 hour session to constantly get poker rate rooms?

[/ QUOTE ]

Logic problem in your premise. Yes, one 6 hour session is good enough to get the poker rate at the Trop the next time you go. That establishes your prior play. Then you will be playing at least 4 hours per day during your stay, so your "career" will be more than just that one session the next time you ask for the poker rate. There's no way to be "contantly" getting the poker rate based on one day because that means you weren't fulfilling your obligation along the way.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Logic problem in your premise. Yes, one 6 hour session is good enough to get the poker rate at the Trop the next time you go. That establishes your prior play. Then you will be playing at least 4 hours per day during your stay, so your "career" will be more than just that one session the next time you ask for the poker rate. There's no way to be "contantly" getting the poker rate based on one day because that means you weren't fulfilling your obligation along the way.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was the question I was asking. If you're staying over at the Trop at poker rate, what obligations do you have regarding playing in their room?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That was the question I was asking. If you're staying over at the Trop at poker rate, what obligations do you have regarding playing in their room?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they would revoke your poker rate if you didn't play enough on a single trip, as long as you have a 4 hour career average. However, if you book a poker rate room and don't play at all, I imagine they would count that against your average somehow, but I'm not exactly sure how it works.