Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Kyl and Gonzales discuss UIGEA at hearing

Is anyone having trouble finding this stream? I seem to be retarded.

The video link I believe you are referring to is this one under "Featured Links"

Senate Judiciary Hearing on Attorney Firings: Afternoon Session (4/19/2007)

Under 40:33 I get Specter speaking using real player?
Old 04-20-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone having trouble finding this stream? I seem to be retarded.

The video link I believe you are referring to is this one under "Featured Links"

Senate Judiciary Hearing on Attorney Firings: Afternoon Session (4/19/2007)

Under 40:33 I get Specter speaking using real player?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go to their little search and type in "afternoon session" it will be the first link listed. You'll need real player though :/
Old 04-20-2007, 04:14 PM

Gonzales is not going to piss off anyone at this point no matter what any Senator says. Gonzales needs all the support he can get.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It would have been nice however to hear Gonzalez say something like:

"Well Senator Kyl, I think the issue is important too but we can't rush into things as we've got some issues that conflict with the recent WTO ruling that need to be worked out first. "

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

dude you must be smoking some primo [censored] if you can even IMAGINE a Bush administration official saying "Unfortunately before we can make policy, we must consult with random international NGOs who will tell us what to do".

[/ QUOTE ]

I can envision him saying that right after he advises the president they should stop wiretapping US citizens and torturing prisoners of war. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I live in Fantasyland, my happy place. Candy anyone?
Old 04-20-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Talk about hitching your wagon to a falling star. Nicely played, Kyl. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Great observation. Kyl must be desperate in that he knows the regs are going in the crapper. So desperate that in the final weeks before they get finalized his only leverage is to push an outgoing AG to convince the Treasury to do more. Sounds like a guy who just got dumped but keeps calling his girlfriend 20x a day in hopes of getting back together. Kyl's lucky he has a job, we almost ran his ass our of arizona. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Talk about hitching your wagon to a falling star. Nicely played, Kyl. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Great observation. Kyl must be desperate in that he knows the regs are going in the crapper. So desperate that in the final weeks before they get finalized his only leverage is to push an outgoing AG to convince the Treasury to do more. Sounds like a guy who just got dumped but keeps calling his girlfriend 20x a day in hopes of getting back together. Kyl's lucky he has a job, we almost ran his ass our of arizona. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely, he's coming off as desperate. I believe that Barney Frank being the head of the Financial Services Committee AND being on the offensive on this issue has him scared beyond belief.

I would really love to know if he (Kyl) really and truly believes in his cause or if it is the usual ulterior motive...
Old 04-20-2007, 06:41 PM

I'd like to be believe it's because he's a scumbag (not that he necessarily isn't anyway), but I personally think he's a true beliver. Kyl/Leach/Goodlatte had been beating this drum constantly, without much change due to elections or news cycles. Frist on the other hand...
Old 04-20-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Didn't think of this as possibly indicating desperation. Interesting thought.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:19 PM

It sure sounds like Kyl believes the DOJ is not spending enough time working with Treasury...
Old 04-20-2007, 10:26 PM

VERY IMPORTANT: Gonzalez says in the testimony that DoJ pretty much will not be able to provide the necessary list of 'gambling sites' that Treasury needs in order for the banks to block 'illegal gambling transactions' to these sites.

Kyl wanted him to not only provide the list but update it periodically. AG said 'too hard'. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sounds like UIGEA is dead. There's no way they can ask the banks to figure out what a illegal gambling site is on their own. The banking lobbyists must be fuming over this which explains Barney Frank's calling this law stupid.