Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: villain raise/folds river - evaluate

this hand is retarded.

good luck,
tyler
Old 04-19-2007, 02:47 PM

Why did you play it this way? Your hand looks like a bluff/weak hand of some sorts so it makes sense that he would take a shot with a weak hand of his own (maybe A-high). His play could be spew but it looks a lot more reasonable then your play with the nuts. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My line was to maximize value, as explained at each play. My thought on turn was villain would c-bet virtually any holding, but there was a good chance he'd fold to a bet from me after passive limp PF and check-call flop. I similarly thought he'd fold to a turn check-raise, but would look up a river donk with as little as A-high. Clearly, as played I have to bet the river. You can disagree with the logic, but there was logic.

[/ QUOTE ]
But it's a very special kind of logic, given that you don't know anything about your opponent.
If you feel like you should take it slow (which is already a kinda vague assuptzion, he cpould easily hold TP and could easily like to bring it to SD), you could _at least_ try to c/r the river. A "normal" villain can be supposed to bet the river if he bets all other streets and no matter how he reacts to a raise, it can't be bad for you.
Donking the river does not make any difference to calling down to showdown. If he is really purely bluffing he might even fold to donking when he would have put in a another desperate bluffbet without it.