Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: TPTK Facing two cold

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His play is sparatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean sporadic?

At any rate, I think you have a clear 3-bet preflop for value. I don't think AQs is that difficult to play out of position, or that you'll recoup that many extra bets postflop by passing on your equity edge here. 3-pop it.

I don't think it matters a ton whether you 3-bone the flop or cold-call it. The advantages of ice-calling are: you possibly get value out of a hand UTG might fold to a trey; it's deceptive; you lose the least this way when one of them has something like Q9, 66, etc. 3-boxing might still get a call from UTG, and also charges the maximum to draws, which could well be out there. Personally I'd 3-smack it but I don't hate freezer-calling either.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're pretty creative, did anyone ever tell you? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2007, 10:09 AM

ya wat ever happened to treying
Old 04-19-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His play is sparatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean sporadic?

At any rate, I think you have a clear 3-bet preflop for value. I don't think AQs is that difficult to play out of position, or that you'll recoup that many extra bets postflop by passing on your equity edge here. 3-pop it.

I don't think it matters a ton whether you 3-bone the flop or cold-call it. The advantages of ice-calling are: you possibly get value out of a hand UTG might fold to a trey; it's deceptive; you lose the least this way when one of them has something like Q9, 66, etc. 3-boxing might still get a call from UTG, and also charges the maximum to draws, which could well be out there. Personally I'd 3-smack it but I don't hate freezer-calling either.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're pretty creative, did anyone ever tell you? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed "3-pop," but I appreciate it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ya wat ever happened to treying

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually said "trey" in there somewhere, too.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:25 AM

Out of position tend to just coldcall preflop. I like Three-Towning if more people are in.

Lead the flop instead of checking, but if you check then 3betting and coldcalling are both OK. The obvious value is there. I think you're getting more information on UTG by 3betting. (He caps with AA/KK/QQ/99/JsTs, but may 3bet AQ/KQ also if you smoothe). So 3bet > coldcall.

Folding the flop is out of the question.

Is the rest of the hand interesting?
Old 04-19-2007, 11:57 AM

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Jh Js (two pair, jacks and sixes).
MP2 has Tc Td (two pair, tens and sixes).
Hero has Qd Ad (two pair, queens and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 14 BB. </font>

I was a bit concerned when UTG called 2 cold if the flush card came on the river. I wasn't overly concerned about mp2. I figured I had most of his hand range beat. If I would have been 3 bet on the turn, I would have probably just called down. When the 6 fell on the turn I wasn't concerned, it just didn't seem within their range. If UTG would have capped me on the flop, I would look at folding on the turn improved, not entirely sure though.

Ive been playing more and more aggressive lately on the flop in these situations, so its still a bit uncomfortable(hence the post).
Old 04-19-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of position tend to just coldcall preflop. I like Three-Towning if more people are in.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll never win with this attitude, you silly degen. Also, wanna go to Foxwoods either Friday or Sunday?
Old 04-19-2007, 02:28 PM

bilge,

you're old enough to know better than to POST RESULTS. WHAT THE [censored].
Old 04-19-2007, 02:58 PM

Old 04-19-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bilge,

you're old enough to know better than to POST RESULTS. WHAT THE [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I R confused. I posted the results a day after I posted the hand. This is the way I usually do it.