Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Hit TOP TOP and trouble.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont getcha. what do you mean as played? if hes pushing on the flop? still a fold

[/ QUOTE ]

do I call the raise to $5?

Results:
<font color="white"> BB showed 8h3h.
SB showed Tc4c</font>
Old 04-17-2007, 06:48 PM

I really dont like the way you played this.. and heres why:

Preflop:
This for me is an easy re-raise... you dont give stats on the CO but IMO his hand range here is quite large and your ahead of most of it! Re-raise to about $1 and see what happens.. if it gets a bit fruity after the re-raise i would probably fold but its player dependant.

Flop:
I think calling here is the worst option. Calling is basically saying 'I have no idea where i am... pray to god i hit an A or Q on the turn'. Whats actually gonna happen here quite alot is that a nasty turn card is gonna come (like a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J, K, 9), BB will push, and you will have no choice but to fold.

So, we need to make a decision on the flop.
I guess the question is: Would the BB check/raise here with a draw (KJ, flush) or something like QJ, TJ? Or would he only make this kinda play with something big...

Judging by his LAGish stats i think this guy could be capable of making a play like this. Mainly because:

1, The board is draw heavy, so more drawing hands are possible.
2, You have shown no strength PF, and you were last to act on the flop so your bet may be percieved as a steal.

So IMHO, move all-in here.

Also, on such a draw heavy board i would overbet the pot on the flop.

Obliky
Old 04-17-2007, 06:53 PM

Agreed Reraise preflop
Just lost a huge pot against one dude and he is defiently buddy listed. Called $1 preflop with 84 and a flop $3 bet with bottom pair 8 kicker

If I am over betting that flop what do I do when the turn puts 3 to a flush there and he pots it? folding?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If BB pushes on a reraise, good! He's got crappy cards. You could either call then, which would probably be fine because you're probably at worst 50%, or you could pick a better spot to do it to him with.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm really not sure if you're joking or not but it seems you aren't. People aren't bluffing as much as you think they are. This isn't just based from the post I quoted either.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If BB pushes on a reraise, good! He's got crappy cards. You could either call then, which would probably be fine because you're probably at worst 50%, or you could pick a better spot to do it to him with.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm really not sure if you're joking or not but it seems you aren't. People aren't bluffing as much as you think they are. This isn't just based from the post I quoted either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah not a huge fan of a preflop push but against this guy i dont think its horrible but I prefer to get a better edge... best I am is what 70% to win? (vs aj) assuming a decent hand worth pushing?