Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Which 2nd level psychology class to take?

honestly, once you take enough psych classes, they all sound about the same. I'm an undergrad senior with a psych major with a bio emphasis, and lets just say by now, it's all irrelevant to life in general (and poker). You prob learn more reading 2p2 than anything else. But you might as well take social, you'll get enough of the boring stuff later.

Yes I'm bitter, psych is decently easy, but definitely not as fun as I thought it was.

Crovax
Old 04-18-2007, 01:15 PM

I've taken both. Even though personality was taught by my favourite prof, and the social psych proff was terrrible I still thought social was way better. Personality is a very forgettable class that has absolutely no real world applications. Social psych hands down.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:00 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I went with Social Psych based on the replies yall gave and because I could fit it into my schedule. Help was appreciated.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:20 PM

social was a good choice, ive taken both, personality is possibly a bit easier but social is definitely more interesting, enjoy
Old 04-28-2007, 02:50 AM

I know you've already made your decision but I have a minor in psychology and both of those options were pretty boring to me, and they're actually quite similar when it comes down to it...I did have to take them both though.

IF you have a chance to take more psych classes take either ABNORMAL psych which was a 200-level course when I took it a few years ago, or COGNITIVE psych which is a good course as well. If all else fails, child psych is a good 3rd option.

I think your fixation with what psych class is +EV for poker is ludacris and sounds so [censored] lame. Ask yourself which is simply a +EV course to take overall.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:01 AM

The question of which course would be +EV for poker was meant to be taken lightly.

On another note, Abnormal psych is a 300 level course right now, and I will probably be lookin to take it in the future if I can.