Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Live 40/80 at the Borgata

Call and expect to lose. Also, don't 3-bet 7 high all that often.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:24 PM

i only 3-bet and cap 57s and 68s in multi way pots, or to isolate, if i see there are like 7 people that are gonna see the flop i try to put more money in the pot with suited connectors, or if i see i can isolate with it i might 3 bet against some opponents because i know that im taking it down most times post flop HU because i have position and i can represent hands i dont have and play hands i do
Old 04-15-2007, 11:26 PM

Even though you are likely beat, I'm calling the river in this game. The reason is that this normally passive player has played this hand in an unconventially aggressive, tricky fashion and even though I don't like my hand, I want to see what he got so cute with. I don't mind spending the 80 to see his hand face up just in case he is playing something abnormally - most people would not go for two checkraises here since you could easily check behind on the river or bet a hand that can't withstand a raise. JMO - you are likely beat, but at like 13-1 I don't see folding. You also look weak laying down here so I think that is at least a minor factor which makes me lean towards calling.

Jeff
Old 04-16-2007, 01:07 AM

Mike--folding the nut flush on a single paired board HU in a pretty good sized pot is quite frankly an awful play. You bet each street for value, and you called the turn c/r with possibly the best hand and at least 7 outs to the absolute nuts if you were behind. Your turn bet also got the pot HU by the river. If you are beat, you are beat, but a fold here is terrible and has huge negative EV. You could easily be up against AJ and possibly or even J9 (of hearts) as you could be up against a winning full. I never fold in this spot.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:51 AM

The more i think about it the more torn i am over whether it was a good fold. The only logical hand i beat is AJ there, but it is a possibility given the player. Mathematically it is def a bad fold, u r supposed to call one bet into that large pot if there is a decent chance ull win, the prob is im more of a feel player. Im originally a NL player so maybe my tendencies sway towards big folds. Given that background, i DONT make many big folds, occasionlly(very rarely) i do however fold one or two bets into big pots if i really feel like there isnt much i beat the way it played out.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:06 AM

Considering the image you described for yourself, I think this makes this that much more of a bad fold.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though you are likely beat, I'm calling the river in this game. The reason is that this normally passive player has played this hand in an unconventially aggressive, tricky fashion and even though I don't like my hand, I want to see what he got so cute with. I don't mind spending the 80 to see his hand face up just in case he is playing something abnormally - most people would not go for two checkraises here since you could easily check behind on the river or bet a hand that can't withstand a raise. JMO - you are likely beat, but at like 13-1 I don't see folding. You also look weak laying down here so I think that is at least a minor factor which makes me lean towards calling.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
Another great post...I couldn't agree with you more.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:56 AM

The guy in the game only raised with minimum semi-nutz on the river. He 100% of the time had a boat in the game....both this session and all others. He did this 4 times this session and always had the ubernutz. On top of which he mentioned earlier in the day that with all the young players aggresion he just lets them do their thing and raises his monsters at the end. Tough fold but a good one. I was sitting to your right.