Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Live final table, 2 preflop hands, facing reraises

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry you ran into his pocket kings.

[/ QUOTE ]
?? Am I not getting all the posts in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a great hand reader.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:39 PM

i would have called the reraise but shoved on any flop w no a,k,q
Old 04-15-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I want to give weight to, before I give results. That I'd just won a big pot and am playing another one instantly, its a clear tell (in Caro for example) that I'm not bluffing, as you're unlikely to choose to bluff while still distracted by stacking chips. I'm almost sure villain is aware of this tell. Does it change your thought process at all?

[/ QUOTE ]
If the deal comes down that you are dealt JJ and you end up heads up with a re-raiser, you almost have to write it off some scenarios to the poker gods. There will be times when he has those three hands you don't want to see.

So you have to ask yourself how often that scenario comes up versus all the other happy day scenarios. And some times they come up in the second level of a $20 tourney and sometimes they come up at the final table of a big tourney. The poker gods don't distinguish importance when the lay on the unlikely.

It sounds like you are second guessing a push you made only to see villain flip over one of those hands. This is one of those situations where a shove is standard and a fold would need a really good read.

Perhaps you had that read and ignored it. We can't know that. I can only tell you that based on what I am seeing on my computer screen, I would have shoved. As for that tell of Caro, I can remember clearly having a disorganized pile of chips after a big pot and raising with 96s with a nonchalont toss of some chips. I actually had to clear a path for my cards, grab 4 of my 60 chips and toss in the raise. I felt invincible.

So the bottom line is there are tells and reverse tells and misread tells, etc. Unless I have something reliable that swings a close decision, I act as per the normal line.

Like I said, you may be questioning an internal gut feeling. This is personal and all of us poker players need to reconcile these feelings. I hope this helps.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Like I said, you may be questioning an internal gut feeling. This is personal and all of us poker players need to reconcile these feelings. I hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was more that every fibre in my being was telling me to push, and at the time I was wrong. Wanted to just get a little feedback that my thought process was good on the shove, thanks to all those who replied.