Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: guitar hero tips sought

The most useful tip in my experience (that I got from reading another thread) is to keep your fingers in the RYBO position as your home base, and only shift up when you need to hit a G. Then shift right back down unless there's a lot of G's coming up. I started to do that while I was on Medium, even though I technically didn't need to, and it made the transition to Hard a lot easier.

Second most important is to master HOPOs, but as far as I can tell, the only way this happens is through practice, practice, practice. You can actually pass almost all of the Hard songs (I'm speaking of the PS2 version, I don't know about the XBOX) without being able to HOPO very well, but 5-starring them is a different matter. The POs are what get me flustered more than the HOs, because you need precise timing to get your finger off the notes in time.

As far as the single-fret repeated notes, I think it's most helpful to slow them way down in practice mode, then you sort of develop an unconscious rhythm for them when you speed it back up.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:45 AM

when you have a fast succession of notes like in institutionalized, go into practice mode on the slowest mode and figure out what type of notes they are. this is especially important on trills

for example: the trills in "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight" are all triplets. Instead of trying to hit all the notes that go by visually, you can just think to yourself "123 123 123 123 etc..."

The same applies for the rapid strumming sections. I like to play very loudly and really concentrate on the rhythm my strumming noise makes and focus on keeping it lined of with the beat of the song
Old 04-17-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought X360 version was a joke. All the new songs were easier than the average GH2-song.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Trooper is the best song on GH, any version

Rock n Roll Hoochie Koo is up there too

its not all about difficulty