Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: sick 54s hand

[ QUOTE ]
I consider 3 handed play my best game type and this is an easy fold preflop. Stack size is fairly irrelevant. You have 5 high.

Having got there I desperation bet the river to fold red nines or something.

Mute: I would generally cap JTs and T9s in this spot.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, I've watched your 2/4 vid, and thanks.

Secondly, I don't understands the "Mute:" part of your reply. Would you mind explaining what you mean by that, lol? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Finally, I'm curious why you would cap JTs there. I wouldn't think that it would be for PF FE, and I'd think that domination is entirely possible. So I'm guessing you'd be doing it for post-flop FE. Am I right? Or is it just straight up value, given that you're going to be hitting like 50% of flops?
Old 04-12-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Something weird, here. I posted this in SSSH too, and in both forums, a lot of you guys said that with 9.5bb in my stack this is a clear fold.

Do you guys mean to say that with 12bb in my stack it's a clear call?

Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol no

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I'd figured as much. Just confirming. I hadn't thought that stack size would have been a big deal until I got down into the 5 or 7bb range. I figured 9.5 was ok.

I think I had a hand three days ago where I put 9bb into a pot, but that was probably most action I've put in in 58k hands.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:52 PM

I'm tighter than DD I guess. I'll usually cap JTs+ in this spot, but would certainly /consider/ folding T9s here. Even 3 handed I'm pretty much never calling 2 cold with anything - I generally play cap or fold here.

C/R that flop is awful. You're not protecting anything.

You got to the river, you might as well do something now and try to win the giant pot. Against some players it's worth a b/f. I've also been known to c/r a river like this if I have a really really good read on villain. 3 handed I think you have good enough odds to bet out again on the river.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:54 PM

"Secondly, I don't understands the "Mute:" part of your reply. Would you mind explaining what you mean by that, lol? "

um...he was replying to Mute, who posted in this thread
Old 04-12-2007, 08:30 PM

> 10/20, 3-handed.
>
> fish posts small, hero posts big (5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]).
>
> tag raises, fish reraises, hero calls, tag caps, all call.

Easy fold to the reraise. And you don't know if you the original raiser is going to pop it again (which he did).

> Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 12sb.
>
> fish checks, hero (?) checks,

The pot is fairly big now. If there's any chance you have the best hand (and I think it's possible -- you could be up against something like AK from the tag, and a couple of big cards from the fish), then you have to play aggressively. Since the pot is large, and since you intend to call a bet, anyway, be the aggressor and bet the hand. The plan would be to get the button to raise you, which may fold out the SB. If your middle pair is the best hand at the moment, you certainly don't want to play it against two opponents.

thiamide
Old 04-12-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Secondly, I don't understands the "Mute:" part of your reply. Would you mind explaining what you mean by that, lol? "

um...he was replying to Mute, who posted in this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

yep [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]