Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Play a big pot with me

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, villian had 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and MHIG

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, guess my 99 read needs a little fine tuning =\

seriously, just know that this is slim. like i said it can prolly go either way, but he is pretty much only bluffing with mid pocket pairs here as clubs will often check behind either flop or turn IMO and anyway he can only show up with AQcc here IF that from preflop action. 77 probably is the lowest of his preflop calling range. so there are 4 hands that bluff you here basically. the better of a LAG he is, the larger of a range hes pushing for value, and then it becomes more of a fold. bc if he has any k here, if he is good, he needs to shove knowing he is best and just hoping you will find a call.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:31 PM

In this spot you should only be 4-betting with AA/KK/AK/air.

As played I fold the turn as he should have no reason not to put you on AcKx. However, he could be putting you squarely on KK/QQ/JJ and is taking a shot but no one would be able to figure this out better than you so tough to give advice.

Curious as to why you ask about the Jc? It wouldn't matter at all to me, but having the Jc I guess would make me slightly more inclined to fold the turn since he can't have AcJc.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:54 PM

I think if the turn pairs the board or doesnt come a club, you are probably better off folding, but this turn allows a person to semibluff much easier and I think I probably call it off given ur description here.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:07 PM

Huh? Sounds like a lot of people thinks turn was a club? At least I didn't pick up on that..

Also I don't think the "So then its just a matter of figuring whether he wants a call or not. Shove in this spot when he puts you on QQ/JJ = doesnt want a call." works in reality, it doesn't really add up, yeah sure if it was an overbet on turn I'd be inclined to somewhat agree, but given it is not, I wouldnt put much, if anything, into this line of thought.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:19 PM

Why would he think you're a LAG when he's always seen you with the goods when you play a big pot?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Huh? Sounds like a lot of people thinks turn was a club? At least I didn't pick up on that..

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand posted in MSNL shows the turn as a club.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if the turn pairs the board or doesnt come a club, you are probably better off folding, but this turn allows a person to semibluff much easier and I think I probably call it off given ur description here.

[/ QUOTE ]

JS you are a ledge!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would he think you're a LAG when he's always seen you with the goods when you play a big pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm raising like 50% of my hands pf and i continuation bet ~100% of the time. Even when the game is full i raise alot and c-bet often.

Yes, the turn was a club....sry
Old 04-11-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Curious as to why you ask about the Jc? It wouldn't matter at all to me, but having the Jc I guess would make me slightly more inclined to fold the turn since he can't have AcJc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Having the Jc gives me alot more equity against his range when i'm behind and may also give me more equity when i'm ahead (for instance when he has 2 black 8's)....It's definitely a factor that tilts me more towards calling.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm raising like 50% of my hands pf and i continuation bet ~100% of the time. Even when the game is full i raise alot and c-bet often.

Yes, the turn was a club....sry

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this changes the entire hand