Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Noob Guitar Hero 2 Q\'s (X360)

[ QUOTE ]
This game is sounding too good to pass up this summer with all these posts. I must buy a PS2 and GH1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, mother f-ers.

Is this thing ever coming out for the Wii?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a PS2 just to play GH and DDR. Screw other games that use the normal controller!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad to say, I think I would consider buying a PS2 at this point for those two games, AND Karaoke revolution/American Idol. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2007, 09:16 PM

Dali,

If you want to get good quick, try getting through songs on hard as soon as possible. If you know anyone who plays just play with them on co-op or on practice or something, you will improve much faster trying to play stuff you can't play.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:12 PM

If you wanna play DDR, download Stepmania (search for it). You can play pretty much any DDR song on your computer with it. I prefer it.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:21 PM

Ive had GH2 for a month and half and can pass almmmost every song on expert even though i have a cast on mmmmy hand/armmmm
Old 04-12-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dali,

If you want to get good quick, try getting through songs on hard as soon as possible. If you know anyone who plays just play with them on co-op or on practice or something, you will improve much faster trying to play stuff you can't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even Medium will improve you quickly. I started off on Easy and finished all the songs. I went to Medium for a few songs, then went back to 5 star the Easy songs. Easy seemed so much easier after going through Medium for a while.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, of guys like you, and GT1T, etc, who ARE killing this game, who actually plays guitar?( I know Ghazban plays flugelhorn or something).

[/ QUOTE ]

I play guitar and trombone; neither is really much help with this game other than having the decent sense of rhythm/timing you get from studying any instrument (or really just being into music at all).
Old 04-12-2007, 03:07 PM

nolan,

I don't think there has been an official announcement, but Activision has stated they have intentions for a GH Wii version.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even Medium will improve you quickly. I started off on Easy and finished all the songs. I went to Medium for a few songs, then went back to 5 star the Easy songs. Easy seemed so much easier after going through Medium for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should also point out that doing Medium for just a few songs allowed me to five star each of the Easy songs within 2 tries. (Except Life Wasted. I must have played it 5 times before I finally 5-starred it.)
Old 04-12-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should also point out that doing Medium for just a few songs allowed me to five star each of the Easy songs within 2 tries. (Except Life Wasted. I must have played it 5 times before I finally 5-starred it.)

[/ QUOTE ]
For the most part now, unless I have NO idea how the song goes, I 5 star it in a couple tries or so too, and even a few that I don't know,( Tattooed Love Boys and Bad reputation; I'd never heard either, but on missed 2 notes on both first try through). Course, then theres a goofy-ass song that I don't know like John the Fisherman that pwns me first time(3*). Not really having any logical rhythm kinda screws that all up. Life Wasted has also been a bane for me; I think I may have it 5*, but a weak one, not sure. If I have some time this afternoon, I may try to get a few more songs done on easy to get to medium.

Also, why the F are easy songs like Tattooed Love Boys and Bad Reputation at such a higher skill level rank than something like Life Wasted? Are they measurably harder at higher levels? Cuz at easy, there no comparison.