Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: 50NL, 77 makes Full House on the River, Straight and Flush on boar

[ QUOTE ]
Limping is better preflop UTG though, you don't want to face a reraise behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is not UTG, he's in the hijack.

Raise preflop.

Turn and river are read dependant. Since you don't have reads, I'd make the simple, reliable plays. Check turn (call if you have odds) and raise river ($15 is fine). If you had reads you could consider betting turn (ie vs bad calling stations) or pushing river (ie vs donkeys).
Old 04-10-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raistlinx, he was highjack (I think -- one before cut off) with one limper and four folds. Do you still limp pre?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right my bad, I unfortunately often read the hands quickly at work. Thanks for that.

I'd still usually limp 85% of the time as well but a raise certainly isn't as bad as previously thought.

I'm about to make a post on raising with PP from EP & MP but the problem is this in a nut shell: if there is not much money in the pot there is no point in raising with a marginal hand to try and win it and if there are lots of limpers already (= money in pot) you are more apt to get callers making the hand harder to play even with position. Also you don't want to get pushed off the pot before you even see it when you get reraised behind you and have to fold.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise pre, turn is a tough card; it puts a 4-straight on the board but I don't think it completes many obvious straight draws except 66.

Spew monkey that I am I bet turn. They could both be on FDs or smth.

Given river completes push I don't mind river.

[/ QUOTE ]

really can't see how betting into a 4 straight into two opponents is a good choice...sure, you could be making one of them pay for their draw, but it's more than likely that you're only drawing to 10 outs.

i can understand the play when the villain is pretty short and you're not going to fold anyways, but if villain's are deep, and they push your raise, you have to fold.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:28 PM

On recap, I don't like betting turn now as well.

Nevertheless, what does the T change? Does it complete any reasonable draws besides 76 and 66?