Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Bread and cheese

This is my favorite of all time: Polish or Lithuanian Rye with Tilsiter cheese and Westphalian Ham. Serve it open faced with the cheese on bottom - ham on top. Spread horseradish mustard over the whole thing. Serve with a pickle and beer.

Close second: limburger cheese on top of pumpernickel. No mustard, but also served open faced with pickle and beer.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Breads and cheeses

All: I modified the title. This thread is for discussion of breads and/or cheeses, not necessarily together.

Analyst: I have to grudgingly agree. I still like it (I like that general style of cheese a lot) and it goes well with strong flavors, but it was definitely not as rich and nutty as I had hoped.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:49 PM

home pride butter top wheat bread. comes in a yellow bag. man, that [censored] never gets moldy or goes stale.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:56 PM

Another amazing bread is herb focaccia:

One of my favorite Italian restaurants in the city serves this fresh out of the oven, and is unbelievable when dipped in roasted garlic olive oil. The bread is also really good for certain sandwiches as well.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:13 AM

The Acme Foccacia is money for thanksgiving stuffing. slice it in half so you have two sheets, then cut into crouton size pieces. dry these in the oven then make your stuffing for your turkey. also good on salads or anywhere else croutons go.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mr,

Acme is the bread I buy the most. I love their Olive bread, the walnut bread, and one with nuts and cranberries. I always get bread from there if I go to the Ferry Building farmer's market on Saturday. They also sell Acme Bread at Whole Foods here, but it's sorta random what they have available at any given time. Great bread.

[/ QUOTE ]

check out the bakery in berzerkely. it's on san pablo, right next door to the best value for the money wine shop in the universe.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like that cheese... i think one time it was being given as free samples at whole foods?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much all the cheeses at whole foods can be sampled. just ask the person behind the cheese counter.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:16 AM

Don't know what it's called, but the bread pictured below is nice and crunchy, and it tastes amazing with some hot provolone. You can get the bread at any Italian bakery.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Healthy Eating.

i know this is no fun, but cheese is awful for your health. i love the taste but don't ever eat it. whole foods has a very health bread that i like a lot. stone ground's 9 grain.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:29 AM

My personal favorite, Port Salut. Mmmmm sooooo gooey. They did something special in this pic to cut the cheese so square like that. It should be more like the consistency of really thick frosting. But not as gooey as brie.

Remember all cheeses taste better around room temp (except fondue, duh). Coldness masks the natural flavor of cheese.