Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hero's action is...
check 2 2.60%
bet $10 45 58.44%
bet pot 28 36.36%
other 2 2.60%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2007, 04:25 PM

Default KITN or Pat on the Back?

Sometime last week at CAZ, a couple of different situations came up at tables where I was playing. The first one was at a 4/8 table with a village idiot (you know the type, loud talking, commenting on how bad people play, when not even being aware what good play is, etc etc) when on the river, the guy to my left calls him down with a paired ace, bad kicker. Douchebag says Str8, guy to my left puts his cards face down right in front of him, douchebag tables a missed gutterball, ten high. Guy to my left says, thats no str8, douchebage starts screaming at the dealer muck the hand, muck the hand. I say stop everything, call the floor, at this point I tell the guy to my left to table his hand, he has a stunned look on his face like he cannot believe the scumbag tried something like this (he was an older guy, who I am sure knew better) I tell him again to flip his cards he finally does, by this time the douchebag is furious, and demands the floor is called, floor awards the pot to the winning hand, without a warning for miscalling his hand (he claimed it was a mistake, but we all know better, the tip off for me was his screaming muck the hand) The guy thanked me, I told him that without the douchebag screaming at the dealer, he was on his own and needs to protect his own interest. The douchebag was super steamed and obviously tried to come after me, together the rest of the table and I, felted him twice. I sure do love making friends.
The next situation was in a tournament, the action was heads-up and it had got to the river, there was an ace on board the rest is irrelevent. Scumbag fires a river bluff, an older female regular (who should know better) calls down with a bad ace. Scumbag says good call, taps the table but does not throw hand in, she shows him the ace then mucks, scumbag then tables his hand and dealer starts to push him the pot. She says no way and starts to take the chips (they are right beside each other) scumbag complains that the pot is his. Then I, hating to see winning hands killed on technicallites, flip her hand (im in the ten hole, her cards are right in front of me, nowhere near the muck mind you, muck is in front of the one seat) Floor is called over, scumbag says he did not muck, the lady argues that he did, 7 of the ten players agree that he conceded the pot, the other 3 were adamant that he did not muck his hand, I contend that him saying good call and tapping the table is conceding the pot. Floor agrees with me, awards pot to the winner. Scumbag comes after me, once again, and I felt him with the old trey-dewey(sooted of course). He was not a happy camper, and I had yet another new friend.
So, do I get a pat on the back or a KITN? I feel like I was protecting the integrity of the game, if there is one thing I cannot stand, it is to see winning hands killed on technicalities. The other thing I cannot stand is angle shooting douchebags, I do know that it is one player to a hand but I don't want the scumbags running off the nice people who pay my bills.