Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 12:29 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power
Default Re: I just can\'t take it any more, with graph.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what is the joke behind your avatar, it is everywhere and i keep thinking its the same person over and over

[/ QUOTE ]

Jman held a tournament where the winner and second place won a fee hours of coaching. Part of it was we had to change our avatar on here and Stars to his pic for 3 months. I feel pretty stupid having the avatar of some random pro, but I'm a man of my word, so it stays for 3 months. But not a day longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have to change it before you won the coaching or after? How is JMan as a coach?

Also, JMMAN PWNS U ALL!!!!111!!!! LAWL

[/ QUOTE ]

You had to change the avatar to play in the tournament.

That's the kicker. I didn't win. It was a heads up pot limit tourney and I went out in the third round. What's funny, is that with Jman playing so many levels about what I play, I think the coaching would largely be wasted on my due to my grade school understanding of NL, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:31 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
I was only kidding. That JJ hand is ugly. It's got to hurt losing 11 buy ins to complete morons

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I'm actually laughing-I needed that. I got so wrapped up in my bad day, my leveling radar was turned off.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:24 AM

Old 04-05-2007, 01:36 AM

It is threads like these that keep me going in poker. Seeing how im not the only one that gets sucked out constantly tells me that it isn't only me.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:00 AM

I had a day like that yesterday. Dropped 1/4 of my roll at 50 nl because of rediculous beats like the ones you were getting OP.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:54 AM

OP - had a day like that just a couple of days ago. Worst poker day of my life. I had it all in one big lump of absolute [censored], hand after hand with either nothing hitting ever or hitting 2nd best hand, with set vs higher set, top two pair vs set, sets vs flush draw with them hitting every time and me never boating up, 2nd nut flush vs nut flush, TPTK all in losing to a TP weaker kicker rivering me for 2 pair (this alone happened four times that session with all the money in on the turn), etc. Mostly against people playing something akin to 40/3/0 or 40/25/5 - almost invariably one or the other (hence the aggression for those who think getting it all in with TPTK is unwise against absolute lagtards). Lost just over half my roll. Oh well, down a stake and back to the grind.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:40 AM

OP, just chill and take a break and start all over again.
2 weeks ago i had 19% won with aces at showdown, also lost around 7 BIs with sets.
[censored] like this happens, just chill and start again.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:45 AM

take a break, recharge, and then wreck these morans...
Old 04-05-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh come now

those 11 buyins couldnt have all been from hands like that

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Capt. Obvious. I don't think I said anywhere that all my loses were horrible beats. I'm just blowing off steam after a bad day, don't take it so serious. But if you're really interested in my day I'll e-mail you all my hands from today so you can see each and every one.

Probably had four hands today where I was 5:1 or better when the money when it. Some of it was coolers. 2 to 3 buy-ins were pure frustration where I couldn't fold a good hand when my opponent was obviously strong. Some of it was tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is standard for me as well. I normally try to play through it, but sometimes you have to leave the tables and go to your dayjob...
Old 04-05-2007, 12:39 PM

If you are Dixon01 on Stars, I played with you for a couple hours the other day, and I saw you lose a $219 pot where you just got coolered. I didn't think you showed any signs of tilt after that, and I actually was avoiding you when I could cause you seemed like teh only decent opponent at the table. Keep ur head up and it will come around.