Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: TOP SET!!!! turn brings a 4 straight >=0 50NL

I play at FTP, at the micro limits (6 max) No one has mentioned
it but I really feel your flop bet was too small, at $3.50 anyone with a 9,5,JT is gonna call and your Opp may have picked up a B/d flush draw.
with a flopped set (doesn't matter top or bottom) with a coordintated flop, I want to take it down on the flop and your flop bet wasn't even Pot.

Having said that, your getting 2-1 and drawing to 10 outs to a possible bluff(unlikely) semi-bluff at worst), I am calling, but I expect to see him flip AT/KTs
Old 04-04-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it but I really feel your flop bet was too small, at $3.50 anyone with a 9,5,JT is gonna call and your Opp may have picked up a B/d flush draw.
with a flopped set (doesn't matter top or bottom) with a coordintated flop, I want to take it down on the flop and your flop bet wasn't even Pot.

Having said that, your getting 2-1 and drawing to 10 outs to a possible bluff(unlikely) semi-bluff at worst), I am calling, but I expect to see him flip AT/KTs

[/ QUOTE ]

I see no problem with the flop bet. He's giving draws ~2.3:1, and they're 4:1 or worse to hit. What's the issue?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:58 PM

Maybe your right, but for me on THAT flop, I want to take it down NOW, had the flop been A 8 4 rainbow, its a different story Like I say, $3.50 into a $4.25 pot would not have been me *shrugs*
Old 04-04-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's way more likely that he has a 9 than a T. Or some kind of two pair. I would push it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or other trash like K9, etc, etc.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:19 PM

I push, he's random 2pairs, pairs + draws, garbage, a whole lot and you have decent equity when he does have the 5 or T
Old 04-04-2007, 10:26 PM

I also think it's the 5 you have to worry about. Even so, I lean towards a push.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see no problem with the flop bet. He's giving draws ~2.3:1, and they're 4:1 or worse to hit. What's the issue?

[/ QUOTE ]

theyre 4:1 to hit on the turn, 2:1 if they want to see both cards. so should i not bet the turn they are getting the right price.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:06 PM

He's too short to not get it in here. I have ZERO respect for short stacks and have seen far too often that they are pushing total crap. Sometimes they do have their monster, but those times are rare.

If stacks are deeper, I call and fill up on the river.

But since he's so short, just stick it in, imo.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's too short to not get it in here. I have ZERO respect for short stacks and have seen far too often that they are pushing total crap. Sometimes they do have their monster, but those times are rare.

If stacks are deeper, I call and fill up on the river.

But since he's so short, just stick it in, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

finally someone else that looked at the stackzises.

There really is not much of a push on the turn, he is basically all in already there.

Also nice that someone did that pokerstove and put him on a range, but giving someone like this a range is really giving him far too much credit. Villain is an idiot, and his range is soo much wider, his range here actually expends beyond what we as logically thinking players can even comprehend.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:57 AM

guess i shoulda just got it in here. i actually folded this hand. i notice when donkeys play and make quick bets esp on boards like this they def have a hand. i notice it most when they are trying to make up for lost value, ie they flop a low flush and try to get sneaky and check, then the turn brings a 4th of the suit then all of the sudden the quickly pot it with their 6 high flush.

i geuss i shoulda just gambled here, but it just seemed too likely for him to have a straight from my expierence. i get sick of paying off short stacks just because theyre short.