Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL 666

I see. So with a larger ck-raise on the flop we have reduced the possibility that the villain has a flush draw and we have pot committed ourselves to the pot while we are more sure that we have the best hand.

Is that what you guys are saying?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:19 PM

with the 34 in the pot and this board, facing three other players, i would probably go the b/3b as well.

However, i will sometimes c/r, but I would just c/r all in. I play a little kooky, so this might not be the best option for everyone, but nonetheless, i try to get it in on the flop here.

Kurt,

You are going to bet/call push or bet/push or bet/fold, bet/check call or bet/check fold river on the turn?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:24 PM

Landlord, it isn't so much that we limit the possibility that he has a flush draw as much as we limit the profitability of him playing a FD in such a manner. To some degree we do limit the chances of him having a flush draw, but it is really that we can comfortably get it in knowing that his play is still -EV and ours was not. That's where value>dollars, but you can't buy anything with value.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:27 PM

i agree with most of the things DougieG has said
Old 04-04-2007, 02:34 PM

Not to be argumentative, but is there any reason to keep the pot small and make a read? I know it's internet poker w/ no physical tells, but shouldn't the players tendencies come into some aspect of our decision? Against an aggro I can agree w/ playing this fast and making them make a mistake. I guess I'm just used to making physical reads.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:38 PM

landlord,

we are not very deep, its a drawy board, the pot is already somewhat bloated, we have a set etc, multiway pot. I typically am not finding reasons to keep the pot small in this situation. I am actually just want to determine the most effective way of getting all my money in on this flop.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:38 PM

Well the only spot to make the pot small is on the flop and c/c the flop IMO is just silly because villian's range is HUGE regardless of reads tells or anything else. Then that turn is a spade and we could be giving money (and value) away. Basically, yes there are spots to keep the pot small but this isn't one of them IMO. We would need very specific reads on villian and even then (as with live poker) you can't be too sure you're dead on balls accurate anyway.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Kurt,

You are going to bet/call push or bet/push or bet/fold, bet/check call or bet/check fold river on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the flop action was me c/ring to $90 and him calling, so that pot was $214 and villain has $185 behind...

I think I open shove this turn.

If villain was more aggressive I may check and call a shove, but since the read says he's more weak post-flop, I don't want to give another card, especially to hands like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Qx or 9T or the like. We've got outs against even a made flush, and maybe even FE if its a bad flush. The only hands we're bad off against are 77 and QQ and that's just a cooler - I'd be unhappy not doubleing him up if that's the case.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Kurt,

[/ QUOTE ]

If the flop action was me c/ring to $90 and him calling, so that pot was $214 and villain has $185 behind...

I think I open shove this turn.

If villain was more aggressive I may check and call a shove, but since the read says he's more weak post-flop, I don't want to give another card, especially to hands like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Qx or 9T or the like. We've got outs against even a made flush, and maybe even FE if its a bad flush. The only hands we're bad off against are 77 and QQ and that's just a cooler - I'd be unhappy not doubleing him up if that's the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, its definitely much easier to play, if you put an appropriate size raise in.

i would play it the same. I was looking at it as if I had put in the same raise as OP.

Thanks,

Kermit
Old 04-04-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with the 34 in the pot and this board, facing three other players, i would probably go the b/3b as well.

However, i will sometimes c/r, but I would just c/r all in. I play a little kooky, so this might not be the best option for everyone, but nonetheless, i try to get it in on the flop here.

Kurt,

[/ QUOTE ]

with this many players to the flop i think any hand that bets when checked to will raise a donkbet, which allows us to get all in faster with many potential action killers on the turn, so im with you there. Also agree on the size of the c/r because it will allow you to play combo draws the same way and maximize FE