Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Anyone know who Gaucho staked in the FTP NL 200/400 game?

Sounds like Gaucho is trying to push the blame onto strassa when he fully realizes it's his fault for the stake in the first place. That's a pretty [censored] thing to do on his blog and to a friend.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:39 AM

2 buyins is nothing.

I think Jason is + ev in that lineup but the variance is so high that anything can happen.

Gaucho may be a decent winning player but its unfair to criticize Jason who is an elite player. If a player far below my level criticized me I wouldn't be hurt at all.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:42 AM

Gaucho is def out of line here. He's been a good guy to me but he is one of the most results oriented ppl out there. And taking someone's action and publicly bitching out on them is super lame, especially since it looks to me like Strass played the hands like I would have?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could care less about how my friend played, I am utterly livid at my poor decision making.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's taking responsibility for making an investment outside of his own risk tolerance. I don't think Jason should be that offended. Sure, Gaucho is criticizing his play, but why is that offensive? He's not insulting Jason's honesty, or character or anything.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:07 AM

He is prob just upset and venting but it is in poor taste to call Strassa out publicly for "playing badly". Especially when if you aren't the one sitting in a game like that it's hard to criticize how someone else played a hand.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 buyins is nothing.

I think Jason is + ev in that lineup but the variance is so high that anything can happen.

Gaucho may be a decent winning player but its unfair to criticize Jason who is an elite player. If a player far below my level criticized me I wouldn't be hurt at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt take his comments about my play too seriously, I was hurt that a friend would act the way he did, not because he didnt agree w/ my lines.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:08 AM

Outing me in public is offensive and puts me in a crap spot.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could care less about how my friend played, I am utterly livid at my poor decision making.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's taking responsibility for making an investment outside of his own risk tolerance. I don't think Jason should be that offended. Sure, Gaucho is criticizing his play, but why is that offensive? He's not insulting Jason's honesty, or character or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true he should have left out his commentary on the hands themselves to make sure people understood that. Once he starts criticizing the hands he is criticizing Jason, not himself, and whether he intends this to be the basic message or not that's what it becomes.

edit: notice it had Jason defending his play even though there is no reason he should have to.
You just don't out/call out people like this.
You post "I made a stupid business decision today and I'm upset about it" and mostly leave it be at that.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the tone of the blog entry is what is upsetting. it's just not how you should be treating a friend.

i think the fact that gaucho only took half the action and he implies that he staked strassa fully for the game says it all. just sounds like the guy is full of himself and pissed off that he wasted all this money by putting a friend into a huge game.

this wasn't the case. he took half of someones action in a big game and now is crying about it afterwards.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Outing me in public is offensive and puts me in a crap spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're kind of a tool, but you definitely didn't deserve this. I surely hope you don't consider this guy a friend anymore. What a complete dick move by gaucho.